• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paco and I are at the vet (sad update post #25)

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Nobody is ever ready to lose a pet. Even people who know their pet is going to pass don't feel ready to not see them again. I've lost many pets over the course of my life and it does, in fact, feel like a hole in your heart that you feel won't go away. You did something for him that I've seen many people not do in my experience helping birds and their owners, you tried. You gave him the BEST fighting chance he had. Just taking him to the vet is a HUGE thing! Many bird owners I have seen in my experiences just don't think they need to take them to the vet. You cared for him so well and you gave him the best chance he could have. You will forever have the memories of him dancing around and listening to music with him. We´re all here for you!
Thank you so much for your reply. I will love him forever, right now I just need to heal. Thank you all so much, I don't know what I would do without you.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss. When my M2 Zane died I was absolutely devastated and at a loss of what to do. How do I go on without him? It's very hard, especially in the beginning. This forum and my other bird Echo really helped me through.

Each of our paths through grieve is different but similar. I'm glad you're finding some comfort through this group :bluhug: This is a quote that I found after my dog passed away this year. I think it sums it up nicely.

"Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim" - Vicki Harrison

You're so loving and strong. I know it's hurt so much right now but that's just a testament too how much you love Paco. :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I am so sorry for your loss. They wiggle into our hearts and we pour so much of ourselves into caring for them, that when they are gone they leave such an unbearable emptiness. :sadhug2:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I'm so sorry for your loss. When my M2 Zane died I was absolutely devastated and at a loss of what to do. How do I go on without him? It's very hard, especially in the beginning. This forum and my other bird Echo really helped me through.

Each of our paths through grieve is different but similar. I'm glad you're finding some comfort through this group :bluhug: This is a quote that I found after my dog passed away this year. I think it sums it up nicely.

"Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim" - Vicki Harrison

You're so loving and strong. I know it's hurt so much right now but that's just a testament too how much you love Paco. :heart:
The pain is raw right now, and all I have done is cry. I loved him so much. Thank you all so much for helping me through this.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I am so sorry for your loss. They wiggle into our hearts and we pour so much of ourselves into caring for them, that when they are gone they leave such an unbearable emptiness. :sadhug2:
Yes that is how I feel right now, empty and lost.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: Sending positive vibes:sadhug2:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Paco loved you because you were kind to him when he had not had that in his life before. You showed him a world of safety, security, play, and fun! You did all those things out of love for him--not because you expected anything in return. But you did get his love in return.

I can assure you that when any person or creature we love dies, we will always wonder what could I have done to save them! It's a natural response, but most frequently not a rational feeling. I hope you vet will be able to tell you more so that you have some kind of closure. My heart goes out to you, and you will be in my prayers! Know that your Paco is surrounded by beautiful feathered friends and waits patiently for you!

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
I'm so sorry to learn of Paco's passing. Many of us here understand how heartbreaking it is to lose a companion parrot. It does leave an empty place in your heart and your life. The good memories I have of my parrots who passed have been a source of comfort to me as I hope that your memories of Paco will be for you. Take comfort too in knowing that you gave Paco a good home, a good life and lots of love.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My eyes are overflowing with tears for you. It's so unbelievably difficult letting go of those we deeply love. I wish we could ease your pain.
You are in my thoughts. I'm so, so very sorry, Terri.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
My eyes are overflowing with tears for you. It's so unbelievably difficult letting go of those we deeply love. I wish we could ease your pain.
You are in my thoughts. I'm so, so very sorry, Terri.
I've been so distraught, I missed some posts, thank you for your kind words.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am so very sorry to hear this. I am sad for you. But I am also proud of you for the fabulous time you gave him in the years he was with you. Hugs to you.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
This is the second time I have lost a parrot, I've had birds for 40 years, but never a big parrot, he was so much work, but I loved him, he was so abused and neglected and I worked for him for a long time to learn to trust and eat healthy and come out and play and to be a happy parrot. He talked, he interacted with me, right now I would be talking to him and he's not here. The house is so quiet, I talked to him all night, first thing in the morning, he was terrified when I first got him. He was almost bald, underweight, dirty cage, and I taught him how to drink fresh water out of bowl, his previous owner had gerbil bottle hanging outside of his cage with brown water in it. I had to throw his perches away, took me 3 days to clean the crude off his cage. I taught him to scoot over instead of taking a chunk out of my arm when I gave him fresh water. He loved pumpkin seeds and nutriberries, I gave him breakfast of warm veggies, fresh seed, clean cage, twice a day. I am in so much pain over his loss. I wasn't prepared, I thought ok meds and we go home.
Sounds like the POOR care he had from the previous owner [if I'd even call the person that- :sour:] probably had alot to do with his eventual death. But the love and loving care you gave him, shows because of his behavioral change! Please try to remember the good times...