• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paco and I are at the vet (sad update post #25)

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
We are all here for you.

You can private message me if you prefer.

I know you know this.... but just remember that sometimes it helps to just let it out with other bird folks that understand.
I sent you message

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! Oh my heart is absolutely breaking for you. I unfortunately know this all two well I lost both of my Green Cheeks unexpectedly at the vets. Nala was acting weak but on the way to the vet she rallied and was climbing around the cage and then as the vet was examining her she suddenly stopped breathing and they did CPR and everything possible but she was gone. I never expected in a million years that I wasn't going to go home with her and I absolutely didn't want to go home to an empty cage. As soon as I got home I wheeled it into my living room and covered it with a sheet and couldn't bare to look at it.
It's going to hurt for awhile and as clichéd as it is time will help heal you. It's so hard to lose them so suddenly and especially when you thought you were in the clear with having survived the xrays. Just please know that you did everything possible for him,gave him a wonderful loving home when he needed it and loved him with all your heart.
No parrot could ask for better. He loved you and knew you loved him. My thoughts are with you. :sadhug2:

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:sorrow: :sadhug2::crycry:
Oh my gosh...im so very sorry for your loss. Paco had such love with you. You rescued him and gave him a safe haven.

I wish I could ease the pain . We never get enough time . You did everything right.

Love to you

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Oh my gosh...im so very sorry for your loss. Paco had such love with you. You rescued him and gave him a safe haven.

I wish I could ease the pain . We never get enough time . You did everything right.

Love to you
Thank you, the pain is enormous, and so is the grief, I miss him so terribly. I just thought I was doing the right thing, got him to the vet early and never expected to come home with an empty cage.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I followed along with your vet visit today and was so happy to hear he was okay after the xray, then the next post from you was he had passed away.
My heart is breaking for you.
I can totally understand you aren't ready to go home to an empty place yet.
Do you have friends or family you could stay with for a day or two?
I wish I could give you a real hug. You did everything so perfect with him. You noticed he wasn't his normal self and took him to the vets right away.
I am so sorry he had to go before his time. Sometimes life is so cruel :sad14:
Fly high wee Paco and know how much you were loved.:sadhug2::sorrow:
If you want to vent/talk just message me. XX

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri

Love to you
Thank you Pixie, I just didn't expect these results, I didn't waste any time getting him to a vet but he was so stressed out. I miss him so much.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, the pain is enormous, and so is the grief, I miss him so terribly. I just thought I was doing the right thing, got him to the vet early and never expected to come home with an empty cage.
You absolutely were doing the right thing. You did nothing wrong you got him into the vet as soon as you could and gave him every chance possible. He was so lucky to have you.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I followed along with your vet visit today and was so happy to hear he was okay after the xray, then the next post from you was he had passed away.
My heart is breaking for you.
I can totally understand you aren't ready to go home to an empty place yet.
Do you have friends or family you could stay with for a day or two?
I wish I could give you a real hug. You did everything so perfect with him. You noticed he wasn't his normal self and took him to the vets right away.
I am so sorry he had to go before his time. Sometimes life is so cruel :sad14:
Fly high wee Paco and know how much you were loved.:sadhug2::sorrow:
If you want to vent/talk just message me. XX
I'm so angry I took him to the vet as soon as I could and he just went down hill so fast. Yes life it cruel, he was with me during my breast cancer and radiation treatment last year, he was the reason I got of bed, cause I knew he needed me.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very sorry for your loss of Paco. My thoughts are with you. You did what you needed to do to try to get him help.
I would have done the same thing. :sadhug2:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Oh no! Oh my heart is absolutely breaking for you. I unfortunately know this all two well I lost both of my Green Cheeks unexpectedly at the vets. Nala was acting weak but on the way to the vet she rallied and was climbing around the cage and then as the vet was examining her she suddenly stopped breathing and they did CPR and everything possible but she was gone. I never expected in a million years that I wasn't going to go home with her and I absolutely didn't want to go home to an empty cage. As soon as I got home I wheeled it into my living room and covered it with a sheet and couldn't bare to look at it.
It's going to hurt for awhile and as clichéd as it is time will help heal you. It's so hard to lose them so suddenly and especially when you thought you were in the clear with having survived the xrays. Just please know that you did everything possible for him,gave him a wonderful loving home when he needed it and loved him with all your heart.
No parrot could ask for better. He loved you and knew you loved him. My thoughts are with you. :sadhug2:
Oh Apirl, thank you so much for you post. I had no idea either, with my Amazon, I knew I wouldn't taker her home. I thought well this time I got him to the vet early, get some meds and he will be ok. He went down hill as I held him. I never thought this would happen.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri

Love to you
Do you think he loved me? He just started giving me kisses. He was learning to dance, and I would be on the lap top and we would rock to music, I just can't believe he is gone.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Apirl, thank you so much for you post. I had no idea either, with my Amazon, I knew I wouldn't taker her home. I thought well this time I got him to the vet early, get some meds and he will be ok. He went down hill as I held him. I never thought this would happen.
It's so many levels of unfair that he wasn't able to make it but he knew you were there with him and he was definitely comforted by that. He was a fighter until the end and I know someday you'll be reunited.
Please be kind to yourself and know that you are a wonderful Parront and we're all here for you always :hug8:
Hopefully in time if your able to open your heart again another sweet baby who needs your love and care will find their way to you.