• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Packer is dead...help!

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
Somehow I missed this thread when you posted it. My heart stopped when I read the title and as I read the tears came. So sorry for the loss of Packer and everything going on in your life. Hoping your covid test is negative and that you only have a cold or something mild going on.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I always skip this forum for my own reasons but @Mybluebird brought me here.
I'm so sorry for your losses and I'm holding you both in my thoughts.
One positive thought on my mind for when you're feeling better is the chance to improve your relationship with Frost. Some may think that's shallow of me but I'm sure Packer is looking down on this and agreeing.
:sorrow:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I’m so sorry :sorrow:

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
OMG...I can't believe I missed this. I also don't often go to this forum. Thank you to @Mybluebird for tagging me.
I am so, so, so very sorry. I have been thinking of you as you hadn't posted in awhile. I can only imagine your grief. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Poor little Frost. Anyone who thinks that budgies don't grieve is just plain wrong. They do and should be allowed to. He will recover in time. Hopefully you can grieve together. Right now I am thinking of YOUR health. Please take care of yourself. My heart goes out to you.:sadhug2:I am grieving with you as well.

Dorcas George

There is other family stuff, besides my husband, that I can't post. Overwhelming stuff, and I'm just feeling numb. I understand about not looking here. I seldom do as well. I used to, and then just couldn't anymore. I originally posted at Budgie Blvd but think the post got, appropriately, moved over. I am very short of breath today...heading for bed. Frost is scaring me. Sitting with his head tucked. Normally I wouldn't think anything about it, but now I am, of course. I hope he is just napping. And @Ripshod , I don't think it is shallow. I was thinking the same. I hope when I get back up Frost will be back up from a nap too. Thanks, everyone. Love to all.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Take care of you

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh please do take good care of yourself! You have experienced losses and hardships that would affect any one of us. I'm sorry you feel short of breath. Please do let your doctor know if that gets any worse. Rest well!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
oh dear... I am so sorry for all you've been going through! I'm wishing you all of God's Blessings to recover from being sick and the same for your husband and hope he will be able to come home soon. Hugs and comfort for your loss of of Packer and your cat. :sadhug2:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
just saw this thread now.. so sorry for your loss.

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I'm in shock. I haven't been posting for a while because so much has happened. Not good things. More about that later.

I am getting tested for Covid on Thursday and am pretty sick, but I'll leave that for later. This is about Packer. He has not been sick, to my knowledge. Flying and eating as normal. Today he seemed sleepy. That was it. Just a few moments ago I heard a wham from the cage. Packer was on the floor. I took him out...he is dead. Frost is sitting at the back of the cage looking confused. Packer is next to me on the table.

Do I put Packer in the cage for a while to let Frost see him?

I lost my beloved cat earlier this week...grieving for her. Husband is in nursing home. Maybe temporary but maybe permanent. I'm sick. I have yet to get my cat of 16 years actually buried...and Packer is gone. What do I do? I can't think. Just bawling.
I am so very sorry. Sending you much love and gentle hugs. :sadhug2:

Dorcas George

Decided to post a few pics of my cat, Patches. Missing her very much...Frost perked up, so guess he was just sad and/or sleepy.

Attachments

clarousel

I'm so sorry about Packer, I hope Frost is okay :( glad to hear he's perked up!

And please take care, you are in my thoughts. I hope your test comes back negative and everything works out in time to come. Sending lots of love and care you way!!

Dorcas George

Better today. Not much shortness of breath, a bit less achy, a little bit more energy, and so on. Went outside--chilly! --and son in law dug a hole and we buried Patches the cat and Packer the budgie in the same box. We put Packer right next to the kitty's head, because on the occasions when they ended up in the same space, he instantly head buzzed her. She was old and lazy and clawless...I know, I wasn't ignoring them or letting it happen all the time, but when it did, it was funny. Packer loved head buzzing, fluffing hair up, more than anything. Anyway, I'm doing okay.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Good to hear that you are feeling better. Loss of one pet takes so much out of us but two, oh my!