• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Packer is dead...help!

Love Birds

Meeting neighbors
I'm in shock. I haven't been posting for a while because so much has happened. Not good things. More about that later.

I am getting tested for Covid on Thursday and am pretty sick, but I'll leave that for later. This is about Packer. He has not been sick, to my knowledge. Flying and eating as normal. Today he seemed sleepy. That was it. Just a few moments ago I heard a wham from the cage. Packer was on the floor. I took him out...he is dead. Frost is sitting at the back of the cage looking confused. Packer is next to me on the table.

Do I put Packer in the cage for a while to let Frost see him?

I lost my beloved cat earlier this week...grieving for her. Husband is in nursing home. Maybe temporary but maybe permanent. I'm sick. I have yet to get my cat of 16 years actually buried...and Packer is gone. What do I do? I can't think. Just bawling.
So sorry. You have been through a lot. We all do our best for our animals. Some things are out of our control. I think we sometimes forget how small and fragile birds are. I lost my English budgie a few days ago. It's sad losing a pet.