• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Packer Has a New Buddy!

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
As long as you have a youtube acct and are signed in, just go to my channel and select the video you want to upload. After it has uploaded click share I believe then I just copy the link and paste it here.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Ooooh - how did I miss this post about Frost! What a sweetie. And Packer seems quite enthralled with his new buddy. So cool reading about their intro, and first visits. Brought back a lot of memories from Fergus and Fiona's first days here.
Are you making a diary? < Gosh that sounds lame... haaaa - laughing at myself here cuz you know Fergus and Fiona have a diary! LOVING those photos!

Dorcas George

I wish I could show you all Packer’s HILARIOUS bopping! It’s new for him and he hops around and bobs FAST and squawks. I’m not sure why, exactly, but it’s clearly happy. It’s his outlandish antics yesterday that got Frost doing a little bobbing too.

Last edited:

Dorcas George

Never saw him do this with Breeze. Just started yesterday. Enjoying each other TOO much. Once more, no coming out and flying for Packer. And Frost likely got scared the other day when he did come out and sailed to the floor, so no getting Frost out either. I told Packer he’s a terrible example. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Dorcas George

So two months later: Today the two best buds sat in the open cage next to each other warbling for an hour. I finally gave up on them coming out without more inducement and lured them with millet. Packer is almost too enthralled with Frost and doesn’t want to do much flying because he wants to stay close. But yesterday I got both of them very close to me and today...tried to get pics. 6EEE2473-BD76-464E-B3AE-A37E850F2E81.jpeg Blurry but you can see we are getting closer...yeah, there is millet but still! 23BA0BEF-0FC8-4C7E-B268-AD9EFE3C37E9.jpeg And closer... D21BAFD8-65CF-4C51-86E8-2EB2A511C99E.jpeg And I am touching Packer with my nose. He just got done lightly pecking me on the nose!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
So sweet!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Awww.. someone's having a good day! :heart:

Dorcas George

This is taking FOREVER! But we did make progress in last two days. I will soon be going to be with my son who is having a foot amputated. I'll be gone about a week. And my husband will do a short stay in a nursing home while I am go be so there familiar people will be gone. I'mI'm afraid it will mean "one step forward, two steps back."