• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pacing

Evey

Strolling the yard
Does anyone k ow why my female budgie paces back and forth at different times in the cage?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I'd suspect that your bird wants to roam around outside of the cage.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You've asked this question before

My guess is that the cage is too small and has too many budgies in it. Typically, parents and their adult offspring will not want to share a living space unless they have plenty of space. You cannot offer the level of space without an aviary.

As @Ripshod suggested, share a photo or at least give the dimensions of the cage they're in.

kade

Moving in
Real Name
Kaden
my cockatiels pace when they’re ready to come out when i uncover them in the morning, or when they’re put back in their cage if i have to leave. this could be the reason as to why your budgie paces?

Evey

Strolling the yard
You've asked this question before

My guess is that the cage is too small and has too many budgies in it. Typically, parents and their adult offspring will not want to share a living space unless they have plenty of space. You cannot offer the level of space without an aviary.

As @Ripshod suggested, share a photo or at least give the dimensions of the cage they're in.

Evey

Strolling the yard
Thank you for your suggestions! The cage is big enough but I am separating the parents from the siblings