• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pacing & Some other stuff

Faline

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Savannah
So earlier today I put Stolas back into his/her (I’m going with him until I get it tested.) cage for about an hour and a half. I wanted to sleep for a bit and I had my dog in the room. The whole time, he was pacing back and fourth at the bottom of the cage and only climbing up to push on the door or bars and squawk. I’m not entirely sure if he just wanted out or was simply bored.
I’ve only had him since Saturday and he’s adjusted fairly quickly, but I wouldn’t think enough to want to be near me all the time.
That and I’m struggling to handfeed him. I know he needs it because he barely eats the adult food and the breeder I got him from said he had a few days left before I could start cutting back on the hand feeding. I’m not entirely sure where else to go with this process next, honestly. This is my first time hand feeding a bird. What better way to get experience with it other than experiencing it, right?
And apparently any acoustic song by Breaking Benjamin will put him to sleep somehow.
AADEEEDA-B97E-47FB-9639-C2DBB661FCE2.jpeg