• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Overrun with kittens!

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I usually just post about my birds (this being, yanno, Avian Avenue), but I am first and foremost a cat person. In addition to four adult cats (Spook age 16, Emory age 12, Julian age 8, and Toby age 7), I have a 9 month old kitten, Finnian, whom I adopted in January when he was a wee one.

He's beautiful and endearing, but still a rambunctious kitten who bites, plays, and bites and plays some more.
IMG_20190806_191540327-2.jpg

Now this past week has brought 5 more kittens into our house. I've tried to get help for several cats that live at work for a while now, but all the rescues are full (my closest large rescue currently has 214 cats!!!), and the TNR groups super busy, so I realized I'd have to do it myself. I successfully caught 5 of 6 kittens (from 2 different litters), and will be trapping weekly until I get the adults fixed for TNR.

First kitten I caught solo, from the older litter of 2. The rescue I was getting advice from said they might be too old to socialize easily (they've had no human contact at all prior to being trapped) so I took her to a clinic the day after I caught her to be spayed and eartipped for release, not intending to socialize her... but she went from a terrified, hissy kitty to a little lovebug in a few days.

Right after her surgery...
IMG_20190901_154718696.jpg

Begging to be picked up a few days later!
IMG_20190908_155709688.jpg

Who is this purring angel?
IMG_20190908_154920699_TOP.jpg

I caught the younger litter on Thursday! They are hissy also, but a little more relaxed. They'll eat from a spoon and I can get away with petting them as long as they're eating!
IMG_20190908_134505489.jpg

I feel like I'm running on empty right now... and spending all my money on cat food...! But it will be worth it in the end once the little stinkers find their forever homes instead of spending their lives on the streets!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How fortunate that you found them. So kind of you to care for them and find them homes.

Wow that´s a lot of cats in the shelter :( People should spay their cats and not allow for breeding.

I hope they find great homes :) In the meantime, enjoy the kitty snuggles :loveshower:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're way to sweet! I'm glad that they're @ your house & not mine.

My daughter's been having good $ luck w/ Chewy.com. Food, treats even a nice stand for basically nothing. She just got her spayed I believe she's around 20-21 weeks now.

:grouphug3:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Bless you!!!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Thank you for caring for these kittens. There is a special place for people like you that have the compassion for animals in need.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's so nice of you. A few summers ago I ended up with a mom and 2 kittens. I luckily found a farmer to take them. While I still had them another cat showed up, who clearly had been someone's pet. After unsuccessfully trying to find his owner, I took him to our local rescue, where he was immediately adopted because he was such a nice cat. Now, I have 2 more ferals that I take are of. They're neutered, and I think they're just "mine" now.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:hug8:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Thankyou for taking them in!! It's crazy how many homeless/stray cats there are out there. Thankyou for being so awesome and part of the solution. I wish we had more people like you!!
:gbh:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I had a pregnant queen show up and decide to live under my porch in March. Mom produced six kitten and five survived. I have so far caught four of the kittens and they have been ear tipped and returned to the porch to live there in my yard. I am still working on the fifth one; I think I will call him Einstein! Mom cat, however, has walked away, leaving the yard for the kittens. I really wanted to get her spayed...

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Great news! A cat rescue from whom I've adopted before has accepted us into their foster program, so my kittens have a support team now that will cover their vet care, help advertise them, and screen their new homes!

IMG_20190912_220432548.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic news!!! I am hoping for a wonderful home for each and every one of them - you´re doing great! :) :loveshower:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
If you were closer I would come scoop up that little calico girl or the orange guy. My 2 favorite colors.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Of course we go more by personality. That is why we have 2 grey/brown tabbies, an all grey, and 1 calico.