• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Over the moon with excitement!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Here's a short video of him from Tuesday afternoon. He really is a character! He says, "Hello!", "Show me yours", he whispers "Whatcha doing?" really creepy in your ear, "Who's a big boy" and he mimics dog barks, cat meows, and the sound of someone chewing :lol: Truly this guy is a delight.
A story with a happy ending... all's well that ends well for this beautiful guy! Worth EVERY penny you paid to give him a safe home.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations to you and the Rosie. What are you going to name him?

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I would have done the same thing! Actually, I would have googled the address before I went...

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I understand you can not always have Avicakes or roudybush or whatever... But cleaning doesen't cost a dime. :( .. Sorry, I take this kinda thing very personally.
I really wish you two have many happy years!
While i agree with you in some ways.. i am recovering from a very severe depression. Cleaning a cage may not cost a dime, but it can cost a huge amount of energy. True, you shouldnt care for birds under such conditions, but we dont know the full story. Haring this woman’s mortgage problems, i assume there are other problems as well, and a depression may well be the reason why she cant get herself to clean their cages etc.

its about compassion, lets not yet judge those we know nothing about :)

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
While i agree with you in some ways.. i am recovering from a very severe depression. Cleaning a cage may not cost a dime, but it can cost a huge amount of energy. True, you shouldnt care for birds under such conditions, but we dont know the full story. Haring this woman’s mortgage problems, i assume there are other problems as well, and a depression may well be the reason why she cant get herself to clean their cages etc.

its about compassion, lets not yet judge those we know nothing about :)

Thank you. I was going to also state the same thing the other day but my computer was giving me trouble. Depression smothers people like a hot wet blanket and there are days when a person can barely do the minimum. I am glad the bird found a new home but I only too well understand the previous owner- sadly.

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
I am SO sorry about your birds. What a really despicable thing to do! I’m so glad this BEAUTIFUL bird is yours now!