• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Over the moon happy! Yeah Paco!

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
We have been together now for almost 7 months. I have been doing more activities in my room with him, folding laundry etc. Even take a nap LOL. The other day he didn't want to go to bed so I took of my arm brace and he calmly stepped up with no lunging or biting.

The icing on the cake? Yesterday we were hanging out, me cleaning and we are chattering to each other all day. Supper time I asked him his usual, "Do you want goodies? Want your supper? He had been sitting on his perch resting with one leg up. I told him I was getting his cup and I reached in and got the cup. He didn't flinch, didn't put his foot down, lunge or bite. I was shocked that he just calmly sat there and watched me.

:)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Woo hoo!

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
So that's a good sign right? I mean he just sat there and didn't even tremble! He is stretching his wings out in front me too, one at a time. Its been frustrating sometimes but I am so happy he is finally accepting me.

LynnInColorado

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Great news!!

Dorcas George

@Snowghost a budgie named Packer. A gift for my birthday six months ago. There were two, from a pet store, and I came here when one met a tragic end. I’ve had budgies before, but a long time ago. Little Packer is a challenge in multiple ways. Very very slow progress even though I spent time every day. Losing his lady friend didn’t help. He was the timid one to start with.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
@Doras George so sorry u lost a bird. I uad 13 keets at one time, I've never bought a bird. People knew I loved them and they would give me their unwanted pets. Kets can be nervous little guys. Maybe another mate? He will come around in time.

Dorcas George

I am looking for a rescue birdie. I hope I can get one that is tame. Perhaps if I can, the new one will help Packer see that I’m not a threat. 13!!

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
LOL I had 2 Cockatiels, 2 Love birds, White Front Amazon and some other bird I can't remember what it was. He didn't live long :(. All of them were given to me by people that no longer wanted a bird soo sad,