• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oven recomendations

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Hey everyone!

My oven is on the fritz so I am looking to buy a new one. Every single oven I have seen has that self cleaning feature that is so dangerous for birds.

Does anyone have any recomendations on an oven?

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I am paranoid that someone will press the button, even on accident. Lol

But even with it, any recomendations on a good oven for a bird household

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I bought a Whirlpool. It has a cleaning function that uses DISTILLED WATER

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I never leave anything on top of my stove because I'm paranoid someone will turn on a burner by accident.

I was soooooo thrilled to get rid of my old stove. Like you, I was scared someone else would try to turn on the self clean function.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Whirlpool gold series. Label says Model WEE745H0FS1

The important thing for new was the cleaning for the oven. Aqua lift technology.

MeeRee

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Whirlpool gold series. Label says Model WEE745H0FS1

The important thing for new was the cleaning for the oven. Aqua lift technology.
I’m looking at this model oven now. Do you still like it? Does the AquaLift work? Did you remove your bird to do a burn off when you first got it? Thank you for any help you can give me with this decision.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I’m looking at this model oven now. Do you still like it? Does the AquaLift work? Did you remove your bird to do a burn off when you first got it? Thank you for any help you can give me with this decision.
Bird was off premises when the oven came in so I'm sure hubby did burn off without bird on premises. I remember talking to him on phone at the time.

I'm a terrible oven cleaner. I just looked in there and yes, it needs to be cleaned now..... I've only cleaned my oven once or twice since I bought it.

I recall I may have ran and cleaned it twice during a cleaning cycle but then again, I bake cherry pies, apple pies, etc. without an immediate clean up so stuff gets baked on. (I refuse to send picture of current oven, it's bad - but then again, thanks - I'll try to clean it later today).

I love the oven because I KNOW without a doubt that no one can accidentally turn the cleaner on and kill Secret when I'm away from home.

Family and friends mean well but sometimes, stuff happens.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Running a clean cycle now.....

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Done. Not spotless so I'm going to do another cycle. Again, it was very dirty and I'm pleased with the cleaning job it did.

MeeRee

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Thank you so much! I want it for the same reasons you did and kept seeing so many complaints (from birdless people, of course). It REALLY helps to to hear your response. I so appreciate it! Do you remember how long you kept your bird out of the house. Ours will be staying in our camper, so he will be safe, but I want to make sure I don’t bring him back too soon.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The sides of the oven didn't get clean but I can scrub that. If I had cleaned when I spilled those pies, I think I would have been fine.

My guys were off premises for days during rehab work here.

Open windows and you'll know when you don't smell it.