• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Outside cage games

Chris82

Strolling the yard
I'm interested in finding out more fun things to do with Frankie to entertain him when he's outside the cage, he has a lot of toys inside the cage but he's starting to chew the wall above the curtains so I'd like to keep him occupied. Any tips welcome

scotbird

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dayna
My SC2's current favourite game is tug-a-war with her thin ropes, she likes to latch onto one end while I hold the other and then she pulls it out of my hand. But once she's got it, she'll drop it in front of me to pick up and start again.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Maybe try a hanging playstand or orb? That way your bird is still up high but away from the wall. And you could attach some toys.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
@scotbird how do you get your bird to play tug a war? Do you think I can get my budgies to play it?

scotbird

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dayna
@scotbird how do you get your bird to play tug a war? Do you think I can get my budgies to play it?
Charlee likes playing with thread and rope so it was quite easy to turn it into a game with her. It started with me dangling one of them in front of her or gently swinging it back and forth and she grabbed onto it and tried to pull it off me, moving backwards as she did. Sometimes she would give it an extra tug and actually pull it from my hand, from there it just became a game between us and every time I'm near her and the rope she'll pick it up and then drop it in front of me to start the game. If your budgies like thick thread or small rope then you could try it, or even some other favourite kind of toy that they'd want to take off you (make sure they're not too territoral, of course). I don't see why it wouldn't work