• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Outdoor aviary to indoor cage

Poochibird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emily
Hello! I am getting a 13 week old cockatiel, he was raised in an outdoor aviary. I’m just wondering if the transition to an indoor cage is okay and if there are any special precautions I need to do?
The cage I have right now is this one, I’m aware it’s 9cm under the size requirements. It’s 46 x 36 x 56cm (LxWxH)
I am getting a much larger cage. Do you think it’ll be ok temporarily for about a month since he’s a baby? I’ll be adding natural perches to replace the other perches. If you see things in my cage that won’t be good please let me know.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I’m just wondering if the transition to an indoor cage is okay
Given the birds age, I´m, sure he will adjust just fine. Be sure to allow some flight time out in the room to stretch his wings fully :)

Do you think it’ll be ok temporarily for about a month since he’s a baby?
Seems ok.

If you see things in my cage that won’t be good please let me know.
Move the dowel lower down, and put that natural branch higher. The higher perches will be used more often, and slept on. The lower perches usually get hopped on and off of, so having the dowel lower down is better for your birds feet ;)