• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

out of nowhere progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
since i've had duckie for over 2 years now, she has NEVER let me preen her pin feathers for her. i can give her scratches and body rubs, but do NOT touch her pin feathers, or she goes for the kill.

well, i still try every once in a while, though i had pretty much given up. so the other day, there was one right in the middle of her forehead and i thought i'd just sneak in there and pinch it, to help her get it off easier. to my great surpise, she closed her eyes, and let me get the whole thing, and continue to get several more of the pin feathers on her head! :eek:

so today, after another joyous shower, she was soaked, and her pin feathers were sticking all out in the open, so i tried again, and AGAIN she let me get them all! even seemed to enjoy it!

what the heck? i don't know when she decided it would be okay, but it's so cool that she trusts me with that now. i've always felt so bad she didn't have a buddy to help her out. i guess i can be that buddy now. :D

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
That's awesome! :dance4:

Amberry

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amber
I think that they must get a little wiser after they hit 2 :p I have been discovering new things with my tiels almost daily since they turned 2

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wonderful progress~~

pdbird

Strolling the yard
P.D. used to get nippy,but I dont stand for that.. Now she is at the point that she wants me to preen her everyday at least twice. she will even let me use her old feather or small tweezers to get the feather pins..each bird is way different,But remember,the more u handle,hold,interact with the bird the better it should be at just that,being handled.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
That's awesome! :dance4:
thanks! :)

I think that they must get a little wiser after they hit 2 :p I have been discovering new things with my tiels almost daily since they turned 2
i adopted duckie when she was 7 months, but i've had her for 2 years. so really she's almost 3. maybe she's just a late bloomer. ;)

Thats great news.
I love GCC'c they're awesome!:D
thank you! aren't they? <3

wonderful progress~~
thank you anne! i am certainly happy.

P.D. used to get nippy,but I dont stand for that.. Now she is at the point that she wants me to preen her everyday at least twice. she will even let me use her old feather or small tweezers to get the feather pins..each bird is way different,But remember,the more u handle,hold,interact with the bird the better it should be at just that,being handled.
yeah, but whats odd is that i've been handling duckie everyday, almost all day for 2 years. she is literally on me, or right by me every day. shes a big snuggler, just no pin feathers, until now...odd!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
This is wonderful progress! All your TLC is working! :laughing12:

clackey02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christina
Hooray!:dance4: Good for you and Duckie! I hope to get there some day too with our little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.