• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Our referral appt today at NSCU

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
My sweet Cappy has had a blood spot in his eye. I noticed it right after the issue with my Mom's cat. Our mobile Vet looked at it, but I asked for a referral to the Ophthalmology dept at the College.

Well it's a corneal hemorrhage. No real cause to it, but can be seen in older dogs. Atleast it's not a retinal tear or tumor I was worried about. So NSAID drops until our recheck.

While he was there though, I discovered a bump on his back. Now to get that looked at. I am hoping it's an angry cyst, and nothing else. Feels like the size of a quarter, and round.

Healing prayers for my monkey nugget! He's my sweet little heart boy!

20191216_134025.jpg
Our eye that's got the blood spot

20191216_134549.jpg
And the lump. It has some flakey skin, going with a cyst here. Will have this looked at soon as I can get him in. I don't like the pink color, not that dark center that could be vascular with a tumor. :(
20191216_144339.jpg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh, my! Is that painful?

Healing prayers your way. My Piper had cataract surgery at age 4. No new problems with her eyes thankfully except they are all goopy every day so i spend a lot of time cleaning them. She’s 9.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How scary! I'm glad his eye will be okay and I hope his bump is just as easily treatable. :bluhug:

And what a handsome boy he is! :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh, my! Is that painful?

Healing prayers your way. My Piper had cataract surgery at age 4. No new problems with her eyes thankfully except they are all goopy every day so i spend a lot of time cleaning them. She’s 9.
You mean the eye hurting? There shouldn't be a high level of pain, they said more irritated. They tested his tear level, normal. They tested the pressure, no glaucoma. Just the corneal hemorrhage. I read could be other underlying issues possibly. May be going in soon for a chem panel when we get the lump aspirated.
How scary! I'm glad his eye will be okay and I hope his bump is just as easily treatable. :bluhug:

And what a handsome boy he is! :heart:
Yes, his eye is going to hopefully heal up now that he's got the drops. He's such a sweet soul Karen. My little heart boy!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ahh... bless his little heart ( and eye). He's such a beautiful boy. Is this the North Carolina State Veterinary school? We took Jesse, our standard poodle there years ago when he was diagnosed with juvenile cataracts at age 2. He only had 30% vision at the most. They removed the cataracts and put new lenses in. He almost jerked my arm off when he saw birds outside fly up. Before then he couldn't see a ball if you threw it for him to chase.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ahh... bless his little heart ( and eye). He's such a beautiful boy. Is this the North Carolina State Veterinary school? We took Jesse, our standard poodle there years ago when he was diagnosed with juvenile cataracts at age 2. He only had 30% vision at the most. They removed the cataracts and put new lenses in. He almost jerked my arm off when he saw birds outside fly up. Before then he couldn't see a ball if you threw it for him to chase.
Yes! I goofed, just saw I didn't type NCSU! We are 20 mins from the Vet School. Lucky is an understatement. I just ask my Vet forca referral if I want to cut through the chase and go there.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes! I goofed, just saw I didn't type NCSU! We are 20 mins from the Vet School. Lucky is an understatement. I just ask my Vet forca referral if I want to cut through the chase and go there.
We saw an opthmologist from Mt.Pleasant first as she traveled to the beach to see clients. Her fee was pretty steep... 2300.00. So we ended up calling and going to NCSU instead... I think we ended up paying around 1400.00 not including the two trips to drive there. We were really impressed at being greeted by a door greeter when we showed up for our appointment and after saying hello to us she offered us a cup of coffee! The waiting room was super nice.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up!

How's your mom and her cat doing?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Prayers up!

How's your mom and her cat doing?
They are both doing well! She's be going out places with her car. Drive through bank. Today, I will be taking her out to get xmas plants for the Neighbors who helped her.

Thank you for asking!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I hope it’s nothing serious. What a beautiful dog!
Here is a tid bit of the report. It should go away with the drops. It's an immune related thing, hopefully as the report states no other issues.

Screenshot_20191217-095844_Drive.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm sorry to hear Cappy is unwell. I hope the drops will be all he needs to heal his eye. Feel better Cappy :sadhug2:

He is a beautiful dog :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm sorry to hear Cappy is unwell. I hope the drops will be all he needs to heal his eye. Feel better Cappy :sadhug2:

He is a beautiful dog :heart:
Thank you. This should resolve. I am more concerned about the lump I found on him now.

Aspirating is step one to see what is in it. These scare me, I pray it's not a bad lump.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Prayers!