• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Our Little Luna is 6 weeks old =)

WendyW

Moving in
Real Name
Wendy
Our Little Luna at 6 weeks! She has grown so much in just a week. She will come home to us some time in August, woohoo, and we are beyond excited! Her colors our looking so brilliant! This is a picture from our breeder.....

We are preparing her cage now for her. We have made some toys for her from somethings we have around the house. We are using empty toilet paper rollers, cupcake liners, wooden bead from Michaels, plastic blocks that our son use to play with when he was a baby, Popsicle sticks and an empty paper towel tube. Oh yea, I also used a toilet paper roller filled with crochet yarn (I am not sure this is a good one!) Please, please tell me what we have used is good or not good for toys. I am questioning the crotchet yarn, so please tell me if that is a NO NO.....

Thanks a bunch for looking at our cutie pie!
Wendy

Luna 6 weeks.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She has very nice coloring. As long as the popsicle sticks and wooden bead are made with untreated wood, they are fine. In my opinion, the yarn is dangerous for your bird. She could get a piece wrapped around her feet and become stuck, or she could even get a piece wrapped around her neck.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I agree with this.

She has very nice coloring. As long as the popsicle sticks and wooden bead are made with untreated wood, they are fine. In my opinion, the yarn is dangerous for your bird. She could get a piece wrapped around her feet and become stuck, or she could even get a piece wrapped around her neck.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Luna is so adorable! I bet you are so excited to bring her home!

I agree about the yarn being dangerous, I wouldn't use it.

WendyW

Moving in
Real Name
Wendy
Thank you everyone!

I took the toy out that had the yarn it it. Thank you for your feedback on that!! I really appreciate it :)

Wendy