• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Green cheek pineapple counure - Mojo

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
High reds are not numerous, I’m glad Mojo came and joined the group!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
High reds are not numerous, I’m glad Mojo came and joined the group!
The breeder i bought her from specializes in high reds and turqoise he also does yellow sided conures.

I got Mojo a lot cheaper than he normally sells his high reds as she had gone back into the aviary so she wouldnt be hand tame this was always a bit of a gamble maybe especially as i have had no experience with parrots. I spoke to him today and he is really pleased he actually said well i can now tell people if they put the work in one to one with these birds they can become tame ( he would normally sell them for breeding ) i was quite proud when he said that.

Once she went back into her cage she was really quiet for a bit i think the day too it out of her and then she ate and ate and ate i am guessing as this is the first time she has really flown i reckon she tired herself out.

she made no attempt to come back out of the cage but when i went to lock the door she was right over to me i sat and gave her head a nice gentle rub when i stopped she went crazy so i had to fuss and play with her for a while more before telling her it was time for bed.

I was really nervous about today but really pleased with how things turned out and more importanly Mojo seems pleased looking forward to opening her cage again tomorrow.

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
So beautiful! Great progress on developing your relationship. Keep up the patient kindness. It will all pay off with ever increasing trust.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was awake and up at stupid o clock this morning 5am due to back pain.
I came downstairs took my tablets sat on the couch no tv as i didnt want to wake Mojo.
At 7am she began to stir and then realised i was there and went bananas she wanted breakfast. I opened the blinds and sorted her food out and changed her water she had a little pick at her food but was so noisy i opened her cage and gave her head a rub she settled down and began to destroy her breakfast.

I tried to have a sleep for most of the morning but Mojo didnt want me to sleep singing songs to me.
So i opened the door of her cage she sort of showed interest of coming out but didnt so after a while i closed the door. Opened the curtains and removed the cover i have hanging between the living room and the kitchen.

I finally managed to get some sleep but was awakened again by a very noisy and lively Mojo.

Curtains where closed again covered the arch into the kitchen and opened her door.
I got her to step up onto my hand yesterday to bring her out the cage however today i told her if she wanted to come out she needed to teach herself to come out.
Does anyone else speak to there bird as if there a person and understand ?

After about 15 mins she spread her wings and flew straight out the door.

She flew around for a while before landing on the back of a couch.

She the flew to me buzzed me until i raised my arm she then landed on my arm and for the following 90 mins used me as a climbing frame.

20210515_165929.jpg 20210516_153050.jpg

20210516_161444.jpg 20210516_161439.jpg

Whilst she was out of her cage i gave it a make over swapping out a toy, adding a ladder as a bridge and adding a foraging box. 20210516_163816.jpg

20210516_163828.jpg

She has played with all of them but especially likes her bridge.

Also managed to get a liitle video of her while she was out.

I was also talking to the breeder i bought her from yesterday i had sent him some pics he noticed she was moulting and suggested i give her a Ca supplement so ordered some Aviform Ca supplement that i have added to her water. He reckons this will speed her moult up and make her less iritable whilst moulting.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didnt know if Mojo would come out of her cage today she didnt seem best pleased with me after two days off work and her coming out of her cage both afternoons she seemed ever so slightly put out.

I finished work prepared the room to open her cage i opened the door and walked away.
Saturday i brought her out the cage on my finger, Sunday she flew out this evening she wanted to fly out but just didnt :(

I put my hand in the cage asked her to step up one foot only then that one down other one up repeat.

When i was target training her around the cage i used to tell her to jump here jump here :banghead:

So had another go and asked her to jump up both feet all good brought her out the cage.

She seemed much more relaxed and comfortable and wasnt clinging to me as much as Saturday or Sunday howwver she flew less than she did on both those days, when she did fly it was directly to me i put a finger out for her and she landed on it.

She seemed to enjoy walking around the coffee table and even enjoyed a little bit of millet there.

After a hour i put her back in her cage she had a bit to eat and played with her toys a little bit.
Once she saw me eating she got stuck into her food.
Once i had eaten and cleaned up the noise started and she was loud really loud :tmsmakesme:

So my thoughts after two days of a lot of attention she was a bit annoyed so i would do some tarket training and jump ups (as step ups shall now be known. )

She jumped up without me asking and ran straight up my arm and out the door ( Steve Mcqueen would have been proud it was a great escape )
So we spent the next hour watching the tv together.

20210517_203157.jpg 20210517_203205.jpg 20210517_183606.jpg

After a hour i put her back in her cage she had something to eat i told her it was time for bed off she went to her perch that she sleeps on.

I am off work tomorrow i have a few things to do in the morning and then will open her cage at about 1 and let ger spend the afternoon out of her cage.

I am really pleased with how things are progressing.

Ashleigh84

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ashley
I'm new here! I will b a conure mommy soon... conure girl I'm thinking about naming Kiwi! I also have a cockitiel, Darla, whom I've had since a baby, she will b 4 in November, & also rescued a grey, Carmen, a few years ago, shes around 28ish! I love my babies so much... any advise on a pineapple conure will b appreciated... pics soon

Attachments

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didnt know if Mojo would come out of her cage today she didnt seem best pleased with me after two days off work and her coming out of her cage both afternoons she seemed ever so slightly put out.

I finished work prepared the room to open her cage i opened the door and walked away.
Saturday i brought her out the cage on my finger, Sunday she flew out this evening she wanted to fly out but just didnt :(

I put my hand in the cage asked her to step up one foot only then that one down other one up repeat.

When i was target training her around the cage i used to tell her to jump here jump here :banghead:

So had another go and asked her to jump up both feet all good brought her out the cage.

She seemed much more relaxed and comfortable and wasnt clinging to me as much as Saturday or Sunday howwver she flew less than she did on both those days, when she did fly it was directly to me i put a finger out for her and she landed on it.

She seemed to enjoy walking around the coffee table and even enjoyed a little bit of millet there.

After a hour i put her back in her cage she had a bit to eat and played with her toys a little bit.
Once she saw me eating she got stuck into her food.
Once i had eaten and cleaned up the noise started and she was loud really loud :tmsmakesme:

So my thoughts after two days of a lot of attention she was a bit annoyed so i would do some tarket training and jump ups (as step ups shall now be known. )

She jumped up without me asking and ran straight up my arm and out the door ( Steve Mcqueen would have been proud it was a great escape )
So we spent the next hour watching the tv together.

View attachment 383140 View attachment 383141 View attachment 383142

After a hour i put her back in her cage she had something to eat i told her it was time for bed off she went to her perch that she sleeps on.

I am off work tomorrow i have a few things to do in the morning and then will open her cage at about 1 and let ger spend the afternoon out of her cage.

I am really pleased with how things are progressing.
Funny (well, halfway) story.
I had Queenie out watching TV with me one evening. I must have nodded off in the recliner. When I woke up? All the buttons were chewed off the remote. Now whether she did it on purpose or she was trying to just change the channel? I guess we’ll never know! I’m so glad Mojo is jumping up and settling so well.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm new here! I will b a conure mommy soon... conure girl I'm thinking about naming Kiwi! I also have a cockitiel, Darla, whom I've had since a baby, she will b 4 in November, & also rescued a grey, Carmen, a few years ago, shes around 28ish! I love my babies so much... any advise on a pineapple conure will b appreciated... pics soon
There isnt much in the way of advice i could offer to be honest with the exception of what people have contributed on the thread or that i have written myself my experience of keeping parrots is very much in its early days at the moment currently only day 25

Funny (well, halfway) story.
I had Queenie out watching TV with me one evening. I must have nodded off in the recliner. When I woke up? All the buttons were chewed off the remote. Now whether she did it on purpose or she was trying to just change the channel? I guess we’ll never know! I’m so glad Mojo is jumping up and settling so well.
:loltears: funny that thankfully no destructive behaviour from mojo so far.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I love that you are three weeks ahead of me and Pitchounette in your journey because -even though I know each bird and person is different- it is really great to see what I might get to look forward to. Thank you.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jonesing for a Mojo update!!

…and I found the six line wrasse I “lost” last year. In the sump, laying waste to several pod hotel.:shrug: I should probably do maintenance more often like you. Haha.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Jonesing for a Mojo update!!

…and I found the six line wrasse I “lost” last year. In the sump, laying waste to several pod hotel.:shrug: I should probably do maintenance more often like you. Haha.
Me too! Pitchounette is full of shenanigans this evening (gliding upside down in the corner of her cage to get my attention). What’s Mojo up to? Hoping all is well.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
and I found the six line wrasse I “lost” last year. In the sump, laying waste to several pod hotel.:shrug: I should probably do maintenance more often like you. Haha.
Best place for a sixline in the sump absolute nightmare of a fish so aggressive i know to many people who have had issues with that fish and they are a total nightmare to catch and remove. I really need to get round to adding more fish to my tank i currently only have three in there at the moment the current climate with the pandemic has really effected the quality of fish coming into the UK at the moment i have lost a fair few whilst in qt so put things on hold for a bit and hopefully things will improve but it's a absolute nightmare the work you put into qt and then you loose the fish as well the final straw was when i lost a really nice Pomacanthus xanthometopon just stopped eating after 8 weeks spoke to a number of people about it and we thought the only course of action was to treat it for internal parasites ( i had already had to give it a number of fresh water dips to clear it of flukes ) so gave it a Tramazol bath however it never recovered so i have put things on hold for a while.

Anyways Mojo

She is doing really well pretty much wants to be out of the cage all of the time now and is having to learn that isnt always possible however she is out a lot now pretty much from when i finish work until it is time for her to settle for the night.
I took a cheeky day of work last Thursday and she spent pretty much all day out with me she had been being quite nippy so worked on that a little bit i understand the nipping is quite natural for a conure especially in a baby however at times it was crossing the line and was pretty painfull still a work in progress but things have improved.

We have been covering the arch between the living room and the kitchen when she was out and on Friday i had to leave the room now this is something that she doesnt like when she is in her cage and she starts calling me imediately with her being out of the cage she tried to follow but couldnt so threw a right tantrum by all accounts, So the blinds where closed in the kitchen and the cover removed.
She happily stayed in the living room with me and my wife ( who she has also now started to fly to likes to sit on her arm for a few mins before returning to me ) but when i went to the kitchen to get myself a drink i heard her flapping wings and she raised my arm and she landed on me so we are now at a point where if she is out of her cage she travels around the house with me.

I do need to make her a stand for when she is out of the cage so she doesnt spend all of her time using me as a climbing frame so that is currently being planned have sourced the pipe but need to plan the size and how i want it to be set up i want it to be mobile as she will be coming upstairs with me daily whilst i work when i am confident she wont be interfering with my work to much so that will be a bit further down the road.

So on the whole all is good with her i did get up Saturday morning early to sort her food ready for her to wake at 7am and the lazy little thing slept in and didnt stir until ten past 8 i was not impressed. :loltears:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Had no new pics of Mojo but did manage to grab some today.

We moved the room around and this clearly created some confusion with her but she soon settled.
She flew to my wife a few more times and then done a 50% jump up thats one foot only jump up but thats how it starts.

Having to give her cage a late evening clean as i had to watch the football and now she is eating.

I will also be adding some perches to the outside of her cage as she is struggling finding her way back there.

20210523_171839.jpg 20210523_171843.jpg

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just cannot believe how much Mojo resembles my Queenie as a baby! I bet my your girl looks very similar to mine when she’s all grown up.