• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Green cheek pineapple counure - Mojo

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
First off, Pitchounette approves and thinks the new family member is gorgeous!
Also, I am cheering you and your wife on —and living vicariously through your growing family. No pressure or anything, but I’ll be showing my husband how wonderful it is to have two conures through your posts…

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He looks just like Pippen :xflove: lil pink feet and all, her bands on the same leg too but maybe thats standard practice as she's the first bird I've had with one.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
First off, Pitchounette approves and thinks the new family member is gorgeous!
Also, I am cheering you and your wife on —and living vicariously through your growing family. No pressure or anything, but I’ll be showing my husband how wonderful it is to have two conures through your posts…
Glad Pitchy approves :)

Not feeling any pressure honestly:laughing7:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
She is a sweetheart!! :heart::heart: Do you know the sex yet? And how about a name? Any doing the rounds in your minds? Enquiring minds want to know as just like Fiatlux, I can only live with multiples through you guys! :laugh:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is a sweetheart!! :heart::heart: Do you know the sex yet? And how about a name? Any doing the rounds in your minds? Enquiring minds want to know as just like Fiatlux, I can only live with multiples through you guys! :laugh:
Female bird no thoughts of a name yet

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thursday night weigh in 76 grams

20210706_174529.jpg

Appears to be happy with the pellets i was worried she might loose weight whilst transitioning.
Has been eating less fresh food for the last two days my wife done her fresh chop instead of what we had frozen and she destroyed it.
Will prepare fresh and just give her that and then start to begin mixing a bit of the frozen into it see if that encourages her to eat it as i waste a load of food if buying to prepare daily as i just dont use it all,at least it ends up in the compost.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I keep fresh chop in a tight lidded glass container in the fridge for 3 days and it’s fine. I add chia seeds, fonio and quinoa or millet grains to minimize moisture. I hope this might work for you and your flock as I know daily chop making is no fun.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I keep fresh chop in a tight lidded glass container in the fridge for 3 days and it’s fine. I add chia seeds, fonio and quinoa or millet grains to minimize moisture. I hope this might work for you and your flock as I know daily chop making is no fun.
Worth a go

Cheers

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has been grumpy for the past few days i have been at home laid up with back problems and sciatica usually when i am home and not working she is out and about but have had to wait for my wife to finish as i wouldnt be able to deal with some of her usual mischief last night she spent as much time as possible nipping me but tonight she was good as gold.

she spent most of the night either sitting on my leg getting scritches or playing on the coffee table in front of me and really made me laugh with some of her antics.
i made her a really simple foraging toy a paper straw cut into 4 pieces that had stuffed with sunflower seeds and nothing has ever occupied her time as much as these little bits of paper.

Up until now i have never been able to use seeds as treats as they where the bulk of her diet however now she has transitioned onto pellets they work brilliantly she then even allowed my wife to put her back into her cage at bedtime after hiding from me :laughing7:

Trying to get at the seed. 20210714_181157.jpg

The aftermath

20210714_182045.jpg

Hiding to avoid bedtime

20210714_211536.jpg 20210714_211539.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Weekly weigh in 75 gram so has dropped a gram over the last week.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Had a spare bowl so thought id do something to encourage moro foraging oppertunities during the day.
So added a load of bits and put it on the cage door ready for tomorrow.

20210715_200309.jpg
Interested straight away.

20210715_200256.jpg

Already found a Nutriberrie

DuckyLou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Congratulations! It's so exciting to bring home the new baby :)

I brought my pineapple conure home when she was 11 weeks old, and she just turned a year on July 9th! She has been with me through one of the toughest years of my life and I can't imagine not waking up and seeing her first thing in the morning. You are going to love it. There will always be ups and downs but I promise you once you're away from Mojo for just a day you'll be missing your baby!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The extra bowl that i filled with paper and treats lolly sticks went down a storm Mojo was getting through it in no time at all.
So ordered some pine beads online.
They arrive today so have made her foraging a bit more of a challenge for her.
20210717_181603.jpg 20210717_181620.jpg