• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Green cheek pineapple counure - Mojo

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I'm so happy for you guys! It seems like you've done a lot of research on bringing another bird into your home and you know what to expect. :)

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy for you guys! It seems like you've done a lot of research on bringing another bird into your home and you know what to expect. :)
Dont know what to expect to be honest but have researched as much as possible asked what questions i felt ive needed to ask.
Few nerves but im more excited than nervous.

I have done this fish so some parallels i think, hope.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
It’s Saturday and i want the Wardy clan to know there are people waiting stateside to meet the new family member . Congratulations and I hope the grandkids enjoy KiKi as much as my little ones love Pitchounette. Sending good thoughts that Mojo embraces her new friend with open wings.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It’s Saturday and i want the Wardy clan to know there are people waiting stateside to meet the new family member . Congratulations and I hope the grandkids enjoy KiKi as much as my little ones love Pitchounette. Sending good thoughts that Mojo embraces her new friend with open wings.
I did do a meet Kiki thread but seeing as you asked so nicely.

Bit nervy when she went in.
20210731_143711.jpg 20210731_145646.jpg 20210731_145906.jpg

My first impressions total escape artist if the door is open she is out like a shot, has already been out 3 times :nocomment:

Thankfully in my office slash mancave and easily enough to get hold of not nippy in the least and will happily get on my finger however i have to cover her back with my hand or shes off again.
She is about 2 thirds the size of Mojo even though she is nearly a month older her hatch date 15th Dec 2020 Mojos is 11th Jan 2021.

20210731_200828.jpg

Soon settled on her java perch has found her food and water bowls.
Has definately heard Mojo calling me not heard a peep from her yet though.

Im very pleased :)

Attachments

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She’s beautiful! :starshower1:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Wow! She’s gorgeous! And not nippy!! Sorry I missed the KiKi thread but these photos are the best! I’m so happy for all of you. image.jpg
Pitchounette and all of us here send you our best wishes for continued non-nippyness. I’ll follow the adventures on the Kiki thread (or will there be a Mojo + Kiki combo?)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Pippen weighed 65 grams at her checkup and that's supposed to be fine. She's such a tiny thing compared to the Maxis I'm used to. She makes up for it in attitude and she certainly likes to nip and nibble my fingers.
Today she finally was scritching herself next to the bars and I was able to kinda touch and rub her head a bit without her immediately trying to grab the offending digit.
They certainly are aggressive little clowns with attitude. The Beware of Mini Raptors sign I was sent certainly fits. She's a yellow sided Green Cheek.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! She’s gorgeous! And not nippy!! Sorry I missed the KiKi thread but these photos are the best! I’m so happy for all of you. View attachment 390171
Pitchounette and all of us here send you our best wishes for continued non-nippyness. I’ll follow the adventures on the Kiki thread (or will there be a Mojo + Kiki combo?)
Thanks she is lovely will need a bit of time to settle in though.

Pippen weighed 65 grams at her checkup and that's supposed to be fine. She's such a tiny thing compared to the Maxis I'm used to. She makes up for it in attitude and she certainly likes to nip and nibble my fingers.
Today she finally was scritching herself next to the bars and I was able to kinda touch and rub her head a bit without her immediately trying to grab the offending digit.
They certainly are aggressive little clowns with attitude. The Beware of Mini Raptors sign I was sent certainly fits. She's a yellow sided Green Cheek.
KiKi doesnt seem to have read the book about GCC being nippy at all but is very weary of my hands, once settled will start working on this with her.