• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Our favorite bird toys 2021

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
whoa so beautifully matchy matchy with Jackson and the lettuce! :laugh:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sigh, I have really *got* to win the lottery...what a collection of toys! Your birdies live at Disney World:yahoo:
Me too—would like to win the lottery! :bliss:

Susan and Oliver

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have not figured out how yet. I've wanted to make something like this for a long time with wood. I AM going to find a way to this kind of thing out of trees. The wheels are spinning. :D
This thread popped up and I just saw this post. If your still thinking of doing this John message me. :D I used to do it in my cages at work and there is a way. :laugh: You just need to find the right branches.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
This thread popped up and I just saw this post. If your still thinking of doing this John message me. :D I used to do it in my cages at work and there is a way. :laugh: You just need to find the right branches.
Yes. I figured that out pretty quick. I don't live in a forest either so all these uniquely shaped tree limbs I want and need for all kinds of stuff is not easy to find.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yes. I figured that out pretty quick. I don't live in a forest either so all these uniquely shaped tree limbs I want and need for all kinds of stuff is not easy to find.

You do not need to find curved branches. Find grapevine.

Grapevine is ALL water. In fact when I cut it I always bring a flat bed truck because it pours fluid after you cut it.
Cut long pieces of the grapevine and while it's still wet secure it in the form you want. When it dries it will stay in that exact shape John.

I used to do huge wooden boings in my tall cages at work. It's really easy to do.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You do not need to find curved branches. Find grapevine.

Grapevine is ALL water. In fact when I cut it I always bring a flat bed truck because it pours fluid after you cut it.
Cut long pieces of the grapevine and while it's still wet secure it in the form you want. When it dries it will stay in that exact shape John.

I used to do huge wooden boings in my tall cages at work. It's really easy to do.
You want to know how much grapevine grows here in the great white north? Zip zero none. :)

The only feasible method I’ve thought of for now is as thin of limbs I can but still thick enough. Use them green. Soak em. Bend em and let them dry. Haven’t tried it yet. :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You want to know how much grapevine grows here in the great white north? Zip zero none. :)

The only feasible method I’ve thought of for now is as thin of limbs I can but still thick enough. Use them green. Soak em. Bend em and let them dry. Haven’t tried it yet. :)
I'm sure you have some comparable vine type safe wood up there. If you ordered it in bamboo is pretty flexible when wet.

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

How about Hardy Kiwi?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Funny story about grapevine. Many years ago...A friend got tons for our crafts. We we’re going to make wreaths As Christmas gifts so she put it in a kiddie pool to soak for bending.

It all sprouted leaves.