• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Exotic Pet Pics **PIC HEAVY**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Hi..haven't been on here in forever but I have been extremely ill since Feb. We have also gotten some new exotic surrenders since then and have been busy trying to work with everyone. We have a professional come out and take some pics and I wanted to share. Some of you know of our pig and wolf so I am including updated pics of them as well.

All these are our family pets, however, we do go to schools & daycares to speak about rescues and to promote our local shelters. We want to show the kids how much care & responsibility they take and also let them know what awesome pets can be found with the local rescue groups.

Bunny: Oscar Wolf: Nikita Mini Horse: Scooter Pig: Fiona Hedgehog: Sonic
IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart: Those are wonderful photos!! Eww.. to the spider and creepy crawly stuff!!:p

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Wow, fantastic photos, you have a nice variety of pets. :D That bunny makes me feel all warm just looking at it, lol!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi..haven't been on here in forever but I have been extremely ill since Feb. We have also gotten some new exotic surrenders since then and have been busy trying to work with everyone. We have a professional come out and take some pics and I wanted to share. Some of you know of our pig and wolf so I am including updated pics of them as well.

All these are our family pets, however, we do go to schools & daycares to speak about rescues and to promote our local shelters. We want to show the kids how much care & responsibility they take and also let them know what awesome pets can be found with the local rescue groups.

Bunny: Oscar Wolf: Nikita Mini Horse: Scooter Pig: Fiona Hedgehog: Sonic
View attachment 27797

View attachment 27798

View attachment 27799

View attachment 27800

View attachment 27801

View attachment 27802

View attachment 27803
Wow, that bunny....amazing!! Nikita is turning out beautiful.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Nikita is a wonderful girl and is NOTHING like the two wolves we had prior that we lost to old age last year. She still needs some work when around kids...just loves them too much and is too excited and jumps on them. Hoping that will time and age she will settle - but she is an absolute doll!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
What kind of Bunny is Oscar?! If I was to have another furred animal it would be a bunny or a skunk :D

How is your skunk with the birds? How old is it? Looks still very young? What kind of diet does a skunk need?

How old is your redtail boa too(is it a surinam RTB?)?

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow! Amazing! :D

Terri

Real Name
Terri
What kind of Bunny is Oscar?! If I was to have another furred animal it would be a bunny or a skunk :D

How is your skunk with the birds? How old is it? Looks still very young? What kind of diet does a skunk need?

How old is your redtail boa too(is it a surinam RTB?)?
Oscar is an English Angora Rabbit. He was bred for the show ring and didn't quite make it but is wonderful with the kids, but high maintenance...needs brushed daily.

The skunk doesn't acknowledge the birds. He is only about 5 months. Skunks have a high protein diet - so his consists of mainly chicken, yogurt and some fruit like strawberries.

Our boa was a surrender...she was raised in a kids science class but got too big. She is 2 1/2 and over 5ft long. She is a pastel morph and loves to be handled. She could get 10-13ft long. We only took her in because she has always been fed thawed/frozen rats. We never wanted one that was fed live food - just didn't have the heart.

SkyBaby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
Oh wow!! You are living my dream life. :D

How did you end up getting wolves?? I know a couple people with hybrids and that makes sense, but pure wolves?? That's amazingly cool and she is totally beautiful!! My brother thinks wolves are the most amazing thing ever. He's only seen them IRL a couple times from a couple hundred feet away at a wildlife rehabber's place. Never up close and personal. A sweet wolf.. wow.. sounds like you have totally scored with her!

Wish I could convince my husband that tarantulas make good pets. He refuses to even live in the same house as one. :p He is cool with a lizard or small snake. Some day one of those will be added to my house. At least he doesn't have the urge to kill every spider and snake he sees anymore since he was let me educate him on how to tell the differences between venomous and non venomous reptiles and spiders. :p

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
The photo of your daughter and the bunny is great. Enjoyed all of them, you have beautiful two and four legged fam :)

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Oh wow!! You are living my dream life. :D

How did you end up getting wolves?? I know a couple people with hybrids and that makes sense, but pure wolves?? That's amazingly cool and she is totally beautiful!! My brother thinks wolves are the most amazing thing ever. He's only seen them IRL a couple times from a couple hundred feet away at a wildlife rehabber's place. Never up close and personal. A sweet wolf.. wow.. sounds like you have totally scored with her!

Wish I could convince my husband that tarantulas make good pets. He refuses to even live in the same house as one. :p He is cool with a lizard or small snake. Some day one of those will be added to my house. At least he doesn't have the urge to kill every spider and snake he sees anymore since he was let me educate him on how to tell the differences between venomous and non venomous reptiles and spiders. :p
I always had a facination with wolves growing up and collected artwork & statues of them. THEN...I met my hubby and he had 2 high percentage wolves. We lost them both last year - they were in their late teens. We had not planned on getting another one until our children got older, but someone had a high percentage one in the city and it got loose. The dog warden made the man get rid of her. Wolves are not allowed in the city obviously. We live in the country and already had a pen set up for wolves so Nikita was surrendered to us. We were very fortunate with her disposition and her owner did a wonderful job socializing her. She has an INCREDIBLE sweet nature about her which is not typical. She loves EVERYONE in a very puppy like way. I don't recommend them because they are high maintenance and can be very difficult to handle and raise correctly. We were very fortunate with her.

As far as tarantulas making good pets...I wouldn't go that far. They are easy to care for and could care less if you handle them or not. We have a Chaco Golden Knee which is a docile breed. I would say the teacup pig is my favorite, but the geckos and a close 2nd...or maybe 3rd after the horses....or maybe 4th after the cockatoos.....I don't know...LOVE them all :)

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
:omg: great pictures !!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have a beautiful group of exotic animals!

Matt

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
What a fantastic enviroment to raise your kids in. They are very lucky. Wonderful pictures.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
gorgeous pics..absolutely beautiful children

Status
Not open for further replies.