• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Birdy Bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
We made it the other day but I forgot to post it

Consists of :
Corn Meal mix We use 2-3 boxes (from the box NO lard in the ingredients) and we exchange the Milk for Pure Apple Juice or water.... I've bought some that called for butter (didn't notice it) of course we just leave that out all together then the eggs it calls for shell and all mix that all up and add to the batter:

Frozen Mixed veggies, With extra corn (my guys love corn)

Cooked beans( we use the brand Ham Beens 15 bean soup mix)

Cooked Whole Wheat Rainbow Spiral Noodles

also added cooked brown rice (I used the 2 servings directions)

2 hard boiled eggs- crushed shell and all (I use my magic bullet for that)

we also add a little bit of their seed mix and pellets

I do not know how much of everything is added we don't measure it - we just eye ball it -plus we make it to feed all our birds

after we mix it all up we put it in Muffin pans we have 2 sizes - Minni muffins and normal muffins - we bake it at the temp the box says But check it often - the time for the box doesn't always work with these depending on the thickness

in total they weighed 6.05 pounds together (mini and normal sized) and we spent about $6.73 on the ingredients

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
They look awesome!!:dance4:
I'll try your recipe!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that looks awesome thanks for sharing

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Lol you know if it wernt for thr shells annd seeds wed make a bk out of it ..lol good eating

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that's birdie bread..it looks absolutely delicious..

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
We made it the other day but I forgot to post it

Consists of :
Corn Meal mix We use 2-3 boxes (from the box NO lard in the ingredients) and we exchange the Milk for Pure Apple Juice or water.... I've bought some that called for butter (didn't notice it) of course we just leave that out all together then the eggs it calls for shell and all mix that all up and add to the batter:

Frozen Mixed veggies, With extra corn (my guys love corn)

Cooked beans( we use the brand Ham Beens 15 bean soup mix)

Cooked Whole Wheat Rainbow Spiral Noodles

also added cooked brown rice (I used the 2 servings directions)

2 hard boiled eggs- crushed shell and all (I use my magic bullet for that)

we also add a little bit of their seed mix and pellets

I do not know how much of everything is added we don't measure it - we just eye ball it -plus we make it to feed all our birds

after we mix it all up we put it in Muffin pans we have 2 sizes - Minni muffins and normal muffins - we bake it at the temp the box says But check it often - the time for the box doesn't always work with these depending on the thickness

in total they weighed 6.05 pounds together (mini and normal sized) and we spent about $6.73 on the ingredients
These look great!! What kind of cornmeal mix did you use? Corn bread or just corn meal?

Kirby26

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Natalie
Those look great! I'm definitely going to try that recipe

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
ooo, that sounds awesome and those look great! I will try that also, hehe!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They look great!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Those look AMAZING. I'm definitely going to try that recipe to make some birdy bread.
(And don't you just love that Magic Bullet? I never thought I would use it as much as the infomercial said I would, but I totally do, and then some.)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Squeeky says he would like one please :p

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Lol you know if it wernt for thr shells annd seeds wed make a bk out of it ..lol good eating
according to a old friend of ours They do taste good LOL - thats when we started adding seeds to the pan itself - but now we can stop that again since we don't speak with the guy any more which is good because sprinkling seeds in the pan made the house stink when it cooked

These look great!! What kind of cornmeal mix did you use? Corn bread or just corn meal?
we've use both - depends on what we have on hand at the time

And thanks everyone the birds love it

I'm thinking Next months birdie bread may be a bit more X-mas themed but not sure yet

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Thanks, Kelli...I love the posts on cooking. Now..if I only had a big bird to cook for...They look delicious.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Looks delicious. I want to eat it! :) ;)

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Now that E and Mo have decided that birdie bread is edible (they decided that last week lol) I need to make some more and I just happen to have all the ingredients for your recipe except for the rice. I even bought the same Ham Beens soup mix lol.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks, Kelli...I love the posts on cooking. Now..if I only had a big bird to cook for...They look delicious.
aww it isn't just big birds that like it.. my budgies devour it , the parrotlets think its going to bite them but eventually they will eat it too lol

Now that E and Mo have decided that birdie bread is edible (they decided that last week lol) I need to make some more and I just happen to have all the ingredients for your recipe except for the rice. I even bought the same Ham Beens soup mix lol.

we just started adding the rice on the last 2 batches .. the birdies loved it before the rice too

not sure why we use the Ham Beens other than its the same brand we buy when we make our self food to eat with them LOL

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Thanks for the recipe!!! I haven't tried making birdy bread for Eddie yet, but I should! I will use your recipe (scaled down, of course :)

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
My ffirst birdie bread was made with corn muffin meal fressh veggie, bab squash and apple juice and egg with a few seeds in it. Th nexttime i made it wi harrisons mash added veggied and juice and baked. the birds love it and eat everythinkg ther like and leqave the crumbles,Its to easy and you change change it up all the time then cut it up and put in freezer and when feedin eith warm up in micro or just leave it sit

Status
Not open for further replies.