• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ouch!! :(

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it just me, or does my poor girl have a MASSIVE lump on her head? :(
Poor sweet thing. She definitely wasn't lopsided this morning. I did hear her give a squawk sometime around midnight last night, but when I checked on her she seemed ok. Maybe she slipped off of her perch and fell? Would that cause something this big?
It must have swollen over the course of the day because I only just noticed it. She also has what looks like bruises.

She's also pretty growly and grouchy today, which is a bit par for the course with her, but it's more than her usual snark. It must not feel too great though.

Feeling like a bad parront. :sad11:

20180705_161318.jpg 20180705_161328.jpg Screenshot_20180705-145101.png

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Did she experience a night fright from fireworks last night.........were they loud where you were?

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah I see a bruise. To be honest I'm not sure if it requires a vet visit or not. Zane my late M2 must have fallen one night as I checked on him just before bed and one of his leg was all swollen. It totally freaked me out. The ER vet clinic didn't have anyone on that night that treated birds, so I waited until the morning to see a vet. She gave some antibiotics just in case. He did have a bit of a scratch or puncture marks. He probably bite his leg because of the pain.

Sorry for be so wordy. It just sometimes these things happen. Definitely keep an eye, I'm not sure there's much you can do if it's just a bad bruise. You may want to the vet for peace of mind thou. Or least call them and what they. I hope this was helpful and I hope your baby feels better soon :)

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did she experience a night fright from fireworks last night.........were they loud where you were?
I don't think there were any. The fireworks here usually stop by the 2nd, since we celebrate on the 1st of July in Canada.

Of course, there may have been some stray partygoers who let off a couple rockets and I didn't notice. Kamara didn't care about the fireworks on Canada Day, but then she wasn't sound asleep when they went off. She could have been spooked and knocked herself about. :(

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor baby girl. :sadhug2: Feel better, Kamara.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, poor Kamara! I hope it goes down soon and that she will be okay!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Oh dear! That does look bruised. I hope she feels better soon.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
That's quite the bump but I've been whacked in the head with falling bricks at work a few times over the years even with trying to pay attention and be careful. I always get some dents and knots too but so far no lasting damage or concussions I'm aware of except for the time I fell from the scaffolding after side effects from new meds. Nerd used to crash into things every so often and get bruises and bumps and he always healed up and was fine for 31 years. Keep an eye on him for any changes and take him in if you think he's having issues.

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you all, guys! Kamara's swelling went down very well, but now she's got a nice giant pink bruise blossoming over her face. She looks like she came out worse in a fight.

But she's getting better already and that's making for a much calmer mama and a much happier Kamara-saurus.

20180705_221040.jpg 20180705_221031.jpg

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh lord, I forgot about the fireworks for Stampede. Light shows every night until the 15th. I die.

Kamara hasn't spooked though, which is wonderful. The first night is always a very big spectacle, and we live supremely close to the Stampede grounds. Loud, loud, loud.

VERY happy the fids (and everyone else) are taking it in stride. Hopefully no one will get hurt again!!

Caique-Walk

Meeting neighbors
Charlie threw himself off his cage once and ended up with a bruise like that above his eye. It healed with a little time but it didn’t stop him from throwing himself off again.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Sure glad the swelling has gone down - what a beautiful girl she is. I was watching mine when fireworks went off, and to my surprise, never saw them pay a bit of attention at all to the loud noises... I think it's like the cartoon my friend told me about (sure wish I could find the graphic)... Bird sitting quite calmly on perch with caption: My bird during an action movie with guns, bombs, etc. Next one is bird all freaked out - wings spread, look of terror, and caption is: My bird, when I sneeze!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kamara was very clearly not feeling very good after she thwacked herself, and has been very quiet and inactive since then -- we did actually end up going to the vet because she was making me paranoid that she had internal injuries, but she was a-ok aside from her big honkin bruises.

But today, she's back to her usual self! Chatty chatty little gossip, smacking around her toys, preening, eating like a pig, and no longer in any (considerable) pain.
I'm SO happy and relieved. My kids sure like to scare me!
:loveshower:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Great to know she doing better!!
:hug8:
I understand going to the vets, fids have a way of making you paranoid! I just wish a had an unlimited vet fund! :hehe:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad she’s acting normally now. What a relief!
:fairy2: