• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Other Than Birds...

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Id love to to make this a little picture thread of other than bird pets ! If you only have birds, feel free to enjoy what others post ;)
Post pictures, names, and a bit about your animals! I want to hear about what y’all got going on! :)
Here’s mine...
Oswin/Veiled Chameleon. I’ve had him for 2 years, and he’s got a lot of attitude..
Pinot/Ball Python. I just got him a little over a week ago, he likes to strike at random things, giving me too many frights
Pearl & Havana/ Daushund & Chihuahua mix. They’re both the best ever, Havana is easily frightened, but does well with known people. Pearl just got a tumor removed with cancer, but is now cancer free!
Jim and Jimmy/ Leopard Geckos. I’m not sure how the names arised but they’re so cool, and like being handled.
(More on the bottom) 8156B03F-CB5D-4B66-BA41-302F2A15D193.jpeg 0C51BEE3-1500-44D5-87DC-CFD0A1D290EC.jpeg 33E7FF56-78F1-4EE5-8C02-4ED2772628E4.jpeg Biscuit/TeddyBear Hamster. Cute little girl from a close by shelter, partially blind, and very fluffy .
Corndog/ Guinea pig. Bought her rehomed, very noisy, but loves little pets here and then.
Also got 2 fish, Molly and Beta, they’re pretty cool. My beta will jump a bit out of water for food so that’s pretty awesome :laugh:
Edit: Sorry the pictures were being weird,only got a few to go in full

Attachments

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ooooo your babies are so so cute:heart: I love them all:swoon:
I want to meet all the AA animals!:xflove:

I have Pippin&Myn Indian runner ducks, Pippin is my little princess and when she is hormonal/egg laying she wants me to keep my distance. However when she is not, she is so so sweet and always busy. Myn is a male and more laid back, into cuddles, follows Pip around mostly really! when he is hormonal, he is extremely into cuddles and I can’t Get him to stop following me around. He also loves sitting on my shoulder.
Pippa:
D5D461CF-68FC-4E57-8C5E-BC5135727644.jpeg
Myn:
9B90BB63-B0D5-4E94-848B-68DFA62DCEAB.jpeg

Then we have Breezer the rabbit. He was found as a baby on the streets by a friend of mine, and as one of my rabbits had just passed away after an accident, I brought him home as a new friend for Bacardi(the other rabbit) three years ago. Bacardi passed away sadly a month or so ago, I am looking to find him a new special friend but so far we gave been out of luck. Breezer used to be really laid back while Bacardi loved interaction, but now Breezer is quite different. He loves to explore now and I had difficulty containing him in his inside enclosure:p He can still be on the shy side, but overall he likes to be close to the action and loooves cardboard, paper, hay and bird Bread:rolleyes:
CB96293C-C978-48B1-9E0D-C879877F26BE.jpeg 713A365B-24E3-461A-9D63-F4EC56D0E56D.jpeg 26B8F0C0-361D-44B8-B9A5-143A470C17BC.jpeg
The fids love to hang out in his area..
68B06B48-F285-4B37-A82A-4F0AB1613C8E.jpeg

Max and Whisky are the cats. Max(black) loves everyone and was adopted from the shelter. He us such a sweetie and likes to explore and REALLY cuddly up to you. Also he has gorgeous golden eyes! He likes to sit/lay ik against me and rest his head to mine. Max is also really smart, I taught him a bunch of tricks he loves to perform. Whisky(red) came from a farm ‘oops’ litter and is more reserved to strangers and more into napping then playing. I am his special person and he loves to rest his paws on my shoulder while he licks my hair:wideyed::D He does not generally sit in your lap but Will cuddle up if you lie down:heart:
536CD867-48B5-4EF5-91AF-925BC81D05C0.jpeg 52C6C814-6FDD-41CB-9876-0EEF395535B2.jpeg
B5D92D56-D328-43CB-8668-3F099B657349.jpeg 89120738-1129-44E6-81E5-F4C59129F814.jpeg 22399699-12C6-483E-8B5B-AEC171891433.jpeg

Bommel is our Frenchie. He is stubborn and loving lol! Very active, he loves to climb mountains with me. I bet he was a mountain goat in a previous life. Great stamina, but his body needs a rest before his mind is tired. If I didn’t make him rest, I think he would just keep going!
B5FC3617-BAC7-4202-8B34-9595B63F199E.jpeg 47722E35-1036-44D6-B7F3-4C25CEE9150E.jpeg 00638960-4AE9-4A4E-B4E6-88F0CBDECEC2.jpeg

While I love Bommel, I connect more deeply with one of my grandparent’s dogs, Luca. He is my little love. He is one big goofball that is o so sweet and loyal. He loves to jog with me through the fields.
802B1CD0-7A3C-4ED9-9B69-B7BCBBC67403.jpeg

Seria is my grandparent’s Shetlander. She is 20+, so a little senior girl! She is very headstrong, highly food motivated, not too active anymore(as in mostly walking, not trotting and galopping anymore), she can be very gentle when she chooses(hehe, and not when she chooses not to!) and is a great communicator. Her buddy is a horse twice her size and she is without a doubt in charge! C2D6239B-6828-41E5-AAF7-E7583437FE93.jpeg

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
You guys have such wonderful animal families! :)

Here is our old man, Odie.
1839676E-EB55-496F-B2F9-23225BEC7F4F.jpeg

The big gentle giant, Gizmo.
CD7EE85A-2F54-4A65-A5A9-D5733BC7D951.jpeg

Here’s the most mischievous one, Yoda.
BFF85D04-A634-4B27-A9E3-9E0667D7066D.jpeg

The queen of the house, Gemma.
ECB29B0D-4D36-410C-8F81-D3A65277BA2E.jpeg

And I’m just now starting to take this little hermit crab, Jorge, into my care.
6BB1AA74-CBF8-4C83-845A-E4B738D667DA.jpeg

Odie is the oldest of the bunch, having just turned 14 on September 18th. He is the laziest, but loves cuddles, too! His favorite food is cheese, but of course we don’t give him too much of that - only an occasional treat. :)

Gizmo is a big boy, but that doesn’t stop him from trying to sit in your lap. Seriously, he’s tried it many times before! :D His favorite thing is to just be loved on.

Yoda one of the most recent additions to the family. December 16th is his Gotcha Day (we got him last year!). He is a little troublemaker, though.

We’ve had Queen Gemma for about 3 years now. She doesn’t love to be held, but when she wants attention she demands it. She loves to give you little licks, though.

And then there’s Jorge, currently a lone hermit crab. He used to have a buddy, Newt, but Newt died a couple weeks ago. :( He used to be my brother’s, but after realizing he wasn’t getting all the proper care he needed, I had a talk with my brother and offered to take Jorge in. So right now I’m just doing my best to care for him as best as possible before bringing him home another friend or two (hermit crabs are social critters).

And then, of course, I have my two feathered friends: Skittles and Nico the Budgies.

70E61F3D-9E27-4238-90C2-55FD5396D538.jpeg
Skittles

66122311-60C5-40E4-A7DB-5F7BC287A3A5.jpeg

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Alright I’ll be doing this a little at a time:lol:

Chip - 19 yr old blue blooded quarter horse. Zippo pine bar, zips chocolate chip, two eyed jack are the bigger names in his lineage. Supposed to be the next big thing in the western riding world but he sucks at western so bad. He was a very good hunter/jumper in the English riding ring and kicked a lot of very expensive horses butts lol. He is now, and has been for awhile, just a pretty lawn ornament.

Blue tongue Skink - around 8 months old. I just found out he is a definite Male after he started leaving sperm all over his cage. Still unnamed.

Paige - Turns 12 next month. I adopted her when she was 1 year old from the ASPCA. My mother had went in to get this grey cat and I had wondered around looking at cages. Paige had her back to the room until I walked up and she turned around to talk to me. I fell in love right away but mother didn’t agree to get her at first. After talking about her and convincing her to go back for her we went to see her again. She had her back to the room again ignoring everyone that walked up. Until I went over and she turned around immediately and looked at me as if to say “Well what took you so long?!”. Of course the second she turned around all the girls around were like OMG look at this cat, Paige has one green and one blue eye and just a tiny patch of grey on her head. I literally snatched her tag off the cage and told my mother to hurry up and get the paperwork done:lol:

Bearded Dragon - 10 yrs old. He belonged to my uncle. When my uncle died my grandmother took him in and when she went into a nursing home I took him in. I’ve had him for 5 or 6 yrs now. He just keeps trucking along even though he didn’t have the best care from my grandmother. I expected him to have a shortened lifespan after living with her for years but he is now a senior citizeno_O

3 Male Bettas are all unnamed and around 4-6 months old.

Lucky - Boa imperator turning 15 next month and I’ve had her since she was about a month old. My first ever boa and a petstore buy. She is now 8ft long and a great easy going girl. I’ve loaned her out for educational programs before. First picture is a baby photo:D

Catty - ball python turning 15 next month. She’s a big girl anymore and has cool markings but is just a normal.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
This is Toes (polydactyl). She has extra toes on all four paws and little mitten thumbs.
rps20181206_230145_237.jpg
She is a bit of a drama queen as you can see.

And this is the lovely Abbey Tabby Cat. She is 20 and has been with me 18 years, through many adventures.
rps20181206_230819.jpg

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
River - Female Suriname Boa constrictor. I had been looking to add one of these and I couldn’t find anyone with one available. I had found one guy but he gave me attitude when I asked about the lineage of his animals. Usually such an attitude is an indication the animal isn’t pure somewhere in the line, so I moved on and asked one of my Facebook groups if anyone knew of breeders. One breeder who I had bought from before said to message him because he had something available. When I contacted him he told me that his male that I am absolutely in love with (along with about everyone else that has seen him) had a litter and a few were available. He hadn’t listed any to the public so I was so excited to find this out. She was pretty expensive because of her dad but she is one of my favorite boas! She is now 2 yrs old:)

Simon - Male Suriname Boa constrictor. He was a holdback from another litter from the same breeder as River. He is also 2 yrs old. He just shed today and looks so different compared to these photos but I don’t have any new pictures.

Inara - Female Suriname Boa constrictor. She is from a different breeder than the other two and is 1 yrs old. She is going to be a big girl like her mother. She has caught up to size already with the 2 yr olds.

EBV Jewels Line Hypo Jungle Female Boa imperator. She is 3 yrs old and is highly offended that she doesn’t get fed every day lol. I had meant to name her but I ended up just calling her ‘The Jungle Girl’ every time I talked about her. I now have more than one jungle female so that can get confusing:roflmao:

Nunu - Sunglow Female Boa imperator. She is 3 yrs old and also a favorite. I’ve always loved Sunglows so was happy to finally have one!

Apollo - Hypo PH Leopard Male Boa imperator. He is 3 yrs old. When I saw the tail and markings I had to buy him:D

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
@riddick07, what a cute story for your cat! Very pretty. I’m curious, where to you keep all of your boas?
This still isn’t everyone haha. I keep the adult boas in PVC either 4ftx2ft, 5ft by 2 1/2ft, or 6ftx2ft depending on size and what was on sale possibly when I ordered (at least for the last two size options I listed). For the younger ones I use racks to grow them out for a few years. So it goes baby bin, juvi bin, and adult PVC cage. I need to rearrange and upgrade cages for about 7 boas right now. I have the cages but I have to shuffle around the cages already in the room and it’s a pain so I’ve been procrastinating. Hoping to get it done this weekend!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
This little girl is still unnamed. I haven’t been able to think of anything that goes with her yet. She’s a 2 year old Hypo Het Sunglow Leopard Boa imperator.

Raven - 3 yr old Calibee Ball Python. She is my favorite ball python in the house because she’s gorgeous and very tolerant of handling.

Loki - 3 yr old Honeybee Ball Python. He is the pain in the butt live feeder who won’t convert to frozen.

Unnamed Coral Albino Het Leopard Boa imperator. He is a grumpy guy but has gotten more tolerant with age. He is just hissy and inflates when you poke around in his cage.

Unnamed Motley Jungle PH VPI Boa imperator. She was a surprise present from my mother last year:) I had showed her to mother saying I needed more money basically and this girl came in along with another boa from that breeder. I had already known about the other boa this girl was just added in as a surprise.

Horus & Isis - Tarahumara locality Boa imperator. These guys are from the same litter and 3 yrs old. I honestly wasn’t fond of them at first but they grow on you! The first one is the male and the second is a female.

I use paper towels for quite a few of my guys but I also use cocohusk & soil. Unfortunately I had a black fungus fly infestation and they breed in damp conditions, so if the dirt wasn’t bone dry they were breeding in it. Everyone right now is converted to paper towels or paper while I try to kill them all off. It’s been a few months now but I still find one or two....I think in another month they should all be gone and then I want to try bioactive in a few bins to see how it goes. If anyone was wondering why they all had white backgrounds lol

Last edited:

Birdlovesme

@riddick07, Raven is absolutely beautiful, I love the morph! So many snakes... So cool! I love how unique their colors are :laugh:
If you ever need it, I'm always here to help name the unnamed ;)

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi!
Here is my little family:

2 guinea pigs, girls: Zoe, 2 year old and Choopi who'll turn 3 in April:

20180930_132259[1].jpg 20181007_111212[1].jpg

2 budgies: Nova was born this Summer, she came to us in Oktober. Merlin is from 2015, he lost his friend Tikki in July, which is why we got Nova now.

20181012_190922[1].jpg

1 parrotlet: Twitter is 1.5, sweetest king of mischief ever. Should have called him Double trouble...

20181225_121249[1].jpg

So those 5 + 2 boys, and I regularly feel like

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi!
Here is my little family:

2 guinea pigs, girls: Zoe, 2 year old and Choopi who'll turn 3 in April:

View attachment 294087 View attachment 294088

2 budgies: Nova was born this Summer, she came to us in Oktober. Merlin is from 2015, he lost his friend Tikki in July, which is why we got Nova now.

View attachment 294089

1 parrotlet: Twitter is 1.5, sweetest king of mischief ever. Should have called him Double trouble...

View attachment 294090

So those 5 + 2 boys, and I regularly feel like

Twitter is such a cute name!

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
All these snakes make me jealous; would love to own one (or more) one day but unable to atm. :( Still living with my mother and she adamantly refuses ... even though I'd be the one handling/taking care of it, can't convince her to like the noodles.

Anyway, currently I have two dogs & three cats.

Rylee, my nine year old german shepherd retriever mix.

(photos are a couple years old so she's gotten a bit more white since :()

Koda, my five year old mix (honestly no clue on his breeds)

+ belated xmas pic

Skye my ten year old white domestic longhair.

Milo my six year old orange tabby/domestic shorthair.

And Mischief, my twelve year old grey & white tabby.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
This is Toes (polydactyl). She has extra toes on all four paws and little mitten thumbs.
View attachment 291584
She is a bit of a drama queen as you can see.

And this is the lovely Abbey Tabby Cat. She is 20 and has been with me 18 years, through many adventures.
View attachment 291585
I love Polydacty cats! They always look like they have catcher mits on. That is the cat Ernest Hemingway had, and still has. Abbey is beautiful, she sure doesn't look like a twenty year old kitty cat.