• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Other Inverts

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
This first one, I love! I want one!

I assume you don't/can't really handle them?
I don’t handle. Out of my guys the violet would be safest to handle. The heros has the strongest venom out of mine & wouldn’t recommend getting bit by it lol

Can you please enlighten us as to what this is? On closer inspection of the picture, to looks to have almost scorpion-like pincers
It's called Thelyphonida.
Its a tailless whip scorpion like you found out. Its neither a spider or a scorpion. It’s also not a Thelyphonida. My friend has one of those and I don’t really like the look myself. You can handle the tailless whip though. It has no venom and is pretty harmless. They are fast as shizz :lol: Took me like 5 minutes to figure out where it went when I was putting it away. I poked it and tada gone:rofl: He is missing part of one of his arms but it wasn’t the femur so should grow back in a molt or two.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
@riddick07 do they eat the succulents?
Mine are fake but I don’t think they would eat a live one either. They have been documented eating fruit in the wild & many keepers offer fruit in captivity. I haven’t tried yet myself. Seems to be a bit of a debate if it’s actually beneficial but doesn’t seem to hurt anything.

Wow! Inverts are so neat! I used to have millipedes, I had a smokey oak millipede and a bumblebee millipede.
They are definitely cool! I haven’t had any millipedes yet but I’ve seen the pink dragon one posted around & that ones really interesting.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Mine are fake but I don’t think they would eat a live one either. They have been documented eating fruit in the wild & many keepers offer fruit in captivity. I haven’t tried yet myself. Seems to be a bit of a debate if it’s actually beneficial but doesn’t seem to hurt anything.

They are definitely cool! I haven’t had any millipedes yet but I’ve seen the pink dragon one posted around & that ones really interesting.
I believe pink dragons are among the kind that produce cyanide- so you might want to be careful if you ever encounter one!