• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Other" Conure Roll Call

fajita_mom

Moving in
Real Name
Raven
i don't have a photo of him, but i own a fussy lil black capped conure named fajita =) he loves dropping his food before eating another piece, squacking and making kissy sounds, and tearing up nearly anything he can get XD i wanted a quaker parrot for a while, but after seeing him practically run towards me in his cage in the pet store, i had to get him ^^ i found him with clipped wings, and tattered feathers. he barely had a tail since it was just torn up =< now i'm teaching him recall, and hopefully to free fly him later down the road ^^ as of right now, he loves to fly to me, but just on his own terms XD if you don't mind my asking, what are your rescue stories of your own feather buddies? =)

ConureMama

Sitting on the front steps
Just adopted a gold capped conure 4 days ago with health issues. I’m having a hard time finding and scheduling a vet appointment and I’m very frustrated because it’s not an immediate emergency they’re all booked for weeks. Anyways, that is besides the point. I’ve only ever owned green cheek conures before. So I’m excited to be the new mama to Charlie (gender neutral name LOL).

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Welcome and congrats on you new baby, we love photos. Where are you at? Just city and state someone might know of a vet neat you and can pass the info on to you.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just adopted a gold capped conure 4 days ago with health issues. I’m having a hard time finding and scheduling a vet appointment and I’m very frustrated because it’s not an immediate emergency they’re all booked for weeks. Anyways, that is besides the point. I’ve only ever owned green cheek conures before. So I’m excited to be the new mama to Charlie (gender neutral name LOL).
Welcome to you and Charlie! :)

We'd love to see pics!

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I have a black-capped conure too!! His name is Kiwipo( Kiwi + Poe) we were unsure whether to name him Kiwi or Ipo( eee + Poe). Ipo means Sweetheart in Hawaiian. We couldn’t decide so we just smashed the two names together! Here’s a picture of him losing his balance. He didn’t fall but needed some wing support :roflmao:

Attachments

fajita_mom

Moving in
Real Name
Raven
I have a black-capped conure too!! His name is Kiwipo( Kiwi + Poe) we were unsure whether to name him Kiwi or Ipo( eee + Poe). Ipo means Sweetheart in Hawaiian. We couldn’t decide so we just smashed the two names together! Here’s a picture of him losing his balance. He didn’t fall but needed some wing support :roflmao:
awe!! hes so adorable!! =D

Glamourfaust

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Am I the first to share pics of a rose crowned? We just got her on Tuesday and she is doing great! Very sweet and outgoing. Currently sitting on my shoulder grooming my hair. LOL

185461973_772942126744612_1902546483378880920_n(1).jpg

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
So many gorgeous conures!! I can’t wait to own a home so I can adopt a Nanday someday.. :xflove:

She’s a green cheek but.. I’ll add my little Gylfie!
7AF449CA-B5C0-4575-89B7-90716E1C89FC.jpeg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Magnificent Boba! :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award