• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Other" Conure Roll Call

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

222katie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie Yoder
...so handsome!

Hiccup looks exactly like our Mylec did...
So you have experience with this type of conure? I just got him a couple of weeks ago and I can’t find out much about them online. What was yours like personality wise? I’ve also been wondering if his beak is overgrown or if his variety just have longer beaks.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So you have experience with this type of conure? I just got him a couple of weeks ago and I can’t find out much about them online. What was yours like personality wise? I’ve also been wondering if his beak is overgrown or if his variety just have longer beaks.
We bought Mylec back in 1988...he came from a pet store, and was wild caught. He was quite old when we got him...the vet estimated about 10 years old.
He was kind of a gentle soul who liked to fly around the house and sit on lamp shades.He wasn't as loud as our Nanday, but loud enough. He was another bird that took a liking to me, but was very jealous of my wife. Every year, he'd fly into our fake Christmas tree, wait for Kathy to walk by, then reach out to try to bite her. :)

Unfortunately, he only was with us for four years...he passed away quietly in the night. He was our first "uncommon" species of bird...as we'd owned budgies and finches before him.

Mylec did seem to have a bit of a longer beak...if you have a question or concern about Hiccup's beak, talk to your AV about it...

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Gorgeous! I love nandays :heart:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I love Wild Bill! He's beautiful and your posts about him have helped a ton in teaching me that Nandays can be every bit as cuddly as all the other conures :hug2:
Aww thank you! I showed hubby the pic of your Apollo, and he agrees him and Bill are twinsies! :lol:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Rosie was rehomed to me as a Green Cheek, but I'm almost certain based on suggestions here and comparing pictures that she's actually a Pearly :)
Lucky! Pearly's are GORGEOUS! :heart:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
:laughing6: I thought I was in the GCC section! I missed the word “other”. So I am after all in the right place, he is the only other, to the rest of you!

:laughing7:
even when I’m wrong, I’m right!!

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
:laughing6: I thought I was in the GCC section! I missed the word “other”. So I am after all in the right place, he is the only other, to the rest of you!

:laughing7:
even when I’m wrong, I’m right!!
:lol: