• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Other" Conure Roll Call

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Let's see your conures! Let's face it, Green Cheeks and Suns get all the attention:roflmao:, so I'm creating this thread for all the other conures. Everyone is welcome, of course but I'd love to see our other fids that are out there! I have a black capped conure, Galahad! :heart: I'm tagging @BeanieofJustice and Tibs the Jenday, and @Lupen and Zephyr the crimson bellied!

Attachments

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Awesome! Thank you Leih!! :)
And I'll add my Tibs to the Roll Call! :D

Attachments

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
She's no longer with us in life, but always here in spirit. My Fiery-shouldered Conure, Lior, who died from cancer in 2013.

IMG_9124.JPG

IMG_5487.JPG

I have several portraits of her - one is on the wall in the bird room.
IMG_20190330_182738137.jpg

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
She was so pretty.

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Gorgeous birds!!! My little guy is Jax, a Black Capped Conure :heart: I LOVE all of the “oddball” conures as my favorite bird store lovingly calls them! I secretly dream of adding a Pearly, Rosifrons, or Fiery Shouldered too the flock someday!
1372C6B5-9755-46FE-B881-A3A489F9B9D3.jpeg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Gorgeous birds!!! My little guy is Jax, a Black Capped Conure :heart: I LOVE all of the “oddball” conures as my favorite bird store lovingly calls them! I secretly dream of adding a Pearly, Rosifrons, or Fiery Shouldered too the flock someday!
View attachment 309013
I'm totally infatuated with the "painted" Conure, not sure if it's the same as a pearly. Your little Jax is adorable! Loves his scritches just like my black cap!

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
I'm totally infatuated with the "painted" Conure, not sure if it's the same as a pearly. Your little Jax is adorable! Loves his scritches just like my black cap!
Thanks!!! He has had a rough start health wise, but he is finally coming around! Pearly conures are similar to Painteds but are a bit more subdued in coloring. These pics are google images pics....Painted on left, pearly on right. My husband LOVES painteds, which is shocking because he is anti bird haha! We are working on him though ;)
D3E938DA-BC67-4923-A92E-8067233EFB41.jpeg 45147649-50FD-486C-BB62-9151ABEFC69E.jpeg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Thanks!!! He has had a rough start health wise, but he is finally coming around! Pearly conures are similar to Painteds but are a bit more subdued in coloring. These pics are google images pics....Painted on left, pearly on right. My husband LOVES painteds, which is shocking because he is anti bird haha! We are working on him though ;)
View attachment 309014 View attachment 309015
They're both beautiful, it would be hard to choose! Although I think I've seen pearly more often than painted. Someone on here has a turquoise green cheek and he's sooo gorgeous.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The store I got Jax from has baby Peach Fronts right now....also ridiculously adorable :xflove:
Don't even look! That's how I ended up with Galahad! Hahahaha how old is Jax now? Galahad will be 5 months on the 11th and he's really coming into his personality lately.

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
He is also 5 months. But he reverted to baby behavior and was loosing weight (and bloodwork showed nutritional deficiencies), so he has been getting formula again now per the vet. He has MAJORLY perked up in the past few days and starting to act like a real bird. So excited to finally start getting to know him without worrying and vet trips and stress between us!

I may go today to visit, and shop.....deff not get any birds though ahaha! If I do add one more 3 would for SURE be my max and I wouldnt want to until Jax is 1000% healthy and has had a good molt with no stress lines. I would secretly LOVE some little owl finches or diamond doves thoughhhhhhh lol DANGERS!!!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
He is also 5 months. But he reverted to baby behavior and was loosing weight (and bloodwork showed nutritional deficiencies), so he has been getting formula again now per the vet. He has MAJORLY perked up in the past few days and starting to act like a real bird. So excited to finally start getting to know him without worrying and vet trips and stress between us!

I may go today to visit, and shop.....deff not get any birds though ahaha! If I do add one more 3 would for SURE be my max and I wouldnt want to until Jax is 1000% healthy and has had a good molt with no stress lines. I would secretly LOVE some little owl finches or diamond doves thoughhhhhhh lol DANGERS!!!
Galahad has a lot of stress bars... Our AV said it's from weaning and should go away when he molts. I hope that's all it is, but he's the dr! I love those little finches too! I'm at my "max capacity" though, 4 birds and two cats. I'd love to have a chinchilla some day but I just don't have time for it right now.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
My little Max turns out possibly to be a BCC x GCC cross. When I got him, the breeder said he was a black capped, but he’s got some characteristics that indicate a GCC might have been in the woodpile:huh:. Still love him :shy:. Can he be considered an “other”?

DEA84517-E074-4F7D-A7D6-0C7AA6D23669.jpeg

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My little Max turns out possibly to be a BCC x GCC cross. When I got him, the breeder said he was a black capped, but he’s got some characteristics that indicate a GCC might have been in the woodpile:huh:. Still love him :shy:. Can he be considered an “other”?

View attachment 309075
Of course! He definitely looks like both, totally like a black cap except for the red tail! Does he have any red on his belly?

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
He does have some hints of red on his belly. His flight feathers are teal and he has some teal colored feathers mixed in with the deep green on the back of his neck. At the right angle, his “cheeks” appear. He’s quite the mish-mash! The red shoulders are present, but when his wings are extended his shoulders include a mango orange and some egg yolk yellow...quite the little rainbow :embarassed: