• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Other" Conure Roll Call

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
GCCs can be so sweet at times, the first photo should win an award. BUT they can also be little stinkers as well. Happily the former outweighs the latter.

westvan gal

Meeting neighbors
She's no longer with us in life, but always here in spirit. My Fiery-shouldered Conure, Lior, who died from cancer in 2013.

View attachment 305443

View attachment 305444

I have several portraits of her - one is on the wall in the bird room.
View attachment 305442
I am so sorry you lost your little love and she was very beautiful. Are you still grieving for her? I am wondering how long I will be grieving for my Sweetie Py, who left me almost two years ago.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
I am so sorry you lost your little love and she was very beautiful. Are you still grieving for her? I am wondering how long I will be grieving for my Sweetie Py, who left me almost two years ago.
I don’t think there’s a definite time limit. For me, each loss is poignant. They just grow more distant with time

westvan gal

Meeting neighbors
Thank you, and for me, over my lifetime, I have lost other pets and birds, but for some reason? the loss of my tiny conure hurt the most. She was my true love, cuddle bunny, and funny baby.

Emartin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emily Martin
Let's see your conures! Let's face it, Green Cheeks and Suns get all the attention:roflmao:, so I'm creating this thread for all the other conures. Everyone is welcome, of course but I'd love to see our other fids that are out there! I have a black capped conure, Galahad! :heart: I'm tagging @BeanieofJustice and Tibs the Jenday, and @Lupen and Zephyr the crimson bellied!

Emartin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Emily Martin
Let's see your conures! Let's face it, Green Cheeks and Suns get all the attention:roflmao:, so I'm creating this thread for all the other conures. Everyone is welcome, of course but I'd love to see our other fids that are out there! I have a black capped conure, Galahad! :heart: I'm tagging @BeanieofJustice and Tibs the Jenday, and @Lupen and Zephyr the crimson bellied!
My black capped conure Petrie
2500EEB6-760E-44E5-9472-3E7607D8487A.jpeg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Yes, I am. She was the most precious bird I ever had. I still cry when I look at photos of her or even see photos of other Fiery-shouldered Conures. I don't grieve constantly, but any reminder is painful. Some of our little friends are just so special.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
No he's not mine I just got to see him a while ago. He's a Golden Conure and Stunning. PS this a web photo as I forgot to take a photo...I have not only COPD but CRS as well.

Golden-Conure.jpg

westvan gal

Meeting neighbors
I think the Blackcaps are just gorgeous. I talked to a retired breeder on Vancouver Island who told me they are the sweetest conures. I know the GCs are tiny clowns and little terrors as well but are the Blackcaps the sweetest and less nippy?:angelic:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
This is Cricket. He’s a nansun - nanday/sun conure hybrid. He’s just joined our flock.
...the Nanday definitely shows up in Cricket...bet you he's a vocal guy, too... ;)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
...the Nanday definitely shows up in Cricket...bet you he's a vocal guy, too... ;)
He seems just as loud as the other sun conures I have. He’s pretty independent but happy to sit on your shoulder, otherwise he entertains himself. There is a special history with him so we’re going to give him as much love as he will let us.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He seems just as loud as the other sun conures I have. He’s pretty independent but happy to sit on your shoulder, otherwise he entertains himself. There is a special history with him so we’re going to give him as much love as he will let us.
Buddy, our Nanday, has many of the same qualities as Cricket does. :)

I like to have all of our birds maintain the highest level of independence as they can...it pleases me to no end to watch a new bird come into our flock (people, birds, and guinea pigs) and find their rightful place in the flock...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and Gary! :)

He definitely has the look of a confident, self-assured guy...a real rogue...;)

222katie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie Yoder
Hiccup, my 8 month old Brown Throated Conure

Attachments