• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oscar's been a good bird!

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Recently Oscar has began to finish his vegetables! He's always eaten them but never actually finished his bowl before. Yesterday his bowl was spotless! We had some leafy greens today and again, bowl was clean! I always leave a nutri berry in his cage along with his pellets and water, and usually that's what he chooses to eat instead of his lovely broccoli or pepper. But today he chose his veggies! I'm so proud... has anyone else's bird done something similar?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great news!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic!!! Great to hear Oscar loves his veggies!
My youngest, Gísli, loves veggies too and will clear the bowl. I even give him an extra bowl before bed as a treat! :rolleyes:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
That's awesome! My birdies are starting to accept veggies from my hand, and that made me very happy, glad to hear that your bird isn't wasting food

Oscarbird

glad to hear that your bird isn't wasting food
Me too! He would still eat the vegetables, but would bite it halfway to suck out all the juice. Then he would drop that half eaten whatever-it-was onto the floor; the naughty boy! Now he's doing much better and we have fresh vegetables prepared for tomorrow.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great! Both my tiels will eat their veggies before anything else. (Unless they get pasta- pasta come first, then veggies. LOL)

Oscarbird

I'm so happy to hear that everyone's fids are eating their veggies first. I'm still amazed that most birds love their vegetables. Oscar's a real millet junkie at heart though, if I'm being completely honest! :lol: