• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Oscar and his ranting

kimmie99

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kim Gibson
Was making cat food when he started going on & on. Both him & Kenzi were in the living room and I had the TV on. Apparently he does NOT care for the show "Castle" because he started going nuts:

I tried filming him while I was in the kitchen but as SOON as I took out my phone, he stopped. So when I was done in the kitchen, I brought my phone with me and sat on the couch in front of their playstands knowing it would just be a matter of time and he started! Kenzi of course is NO help as her latest is saying "WHAT?" in her highest tone!

I turn on Sponge Bob and Oscar shuts up! What a kid!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I guess you know not to put Castle on anymore. ;) He did have a lot to say about it. :)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:lol: ..oh yeah..they DO have there fav's.....

kimmie99

Real Name
Kim Gibson
I guess you know not to put Castle on anymore. ;) He did have a lot to say about it. :)
We have an agreement. I can watch Castle as long as he gets to watch a movie in the critter room. Usually Rio or Paulie (all I have besides the Pet Sitter). I so need to get a bunch of Sponge Bob dvd's but I'm afraid, afraid he'll learn to start talking like him! :rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :rofl:

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
my mac LOVES sponge bob, or as he calls it 'ba bob' :rolleyes:

i MUST tell you about my tv watching restrictions... i think its relevant here....

most of my flock is in my livingroom. i have a habit of watching the same things over and over. but when i watch a 'new' movie i have to set aside special time for it. ie if its an hour 45 min movie, i need to have a minimum of 2 1/2 hours to watch it. why? cause my flock gets noisy when something new is on. and i have a magic pause button on my remote. pause the movie, macaw pauses, play movie, macaw goes back to being noisy. :lol: if i'm persistent and play the movie a few times within a few days, they eventually stop being noisy during the movie. some might get annoyed by this but i just think its hysterical. i watched the Wolfman not too long ago (took me 2 hrs 45 mins to see it), i had skittles beating the tar outta his stainless steel cups and his bells. marley doing his sun conure impression. caleb doing his tornado alarm impression. twiggy going 'reeek!' every 20 seconds or so... ollie was my 'good kid' he napped, even thru all the chaos!

p.s. love the 'parrot personalization ' of the blinds on the window. :lol:

Last edited:

kimmie99

Real Name
Kim Gibson
my mac LOVES sponge bob, or as he calls it 'ba bob' :rolleyes:

i MUST tell you about my tv watching restrictions... i think its relevant here....

most of my flock is in my livingroom. i have a habit of watching the same things over and over. but when i watch a 'new' movie i have to set aside special time for it. ie if its an hour 45 min movie, i need to have a minimum of 2 1/2 hours to watch it. why? cause my flock gets noisy when something new is on. and i have a magic pause button on my remote. pause the movie, macaw pauses, play movie, macaw goes back to being noisy. :lol: if i'm persistent and play the movie a few times within a few days, they eventually stop being noisy during the movie. some might get annoyed by this but i just think its hysterical. i watched the Wolfman not too long ago (took me 2 hrs 45 mins to see it), i had skittles beating the tar outta his stainless steel cups and his bells. marley doing his sun conure impression. caleb doing his tornado alarm impression. twiggy going 'reeek!' every 20 seconds or so... ollie was my 'good kid' he napped, even thru all the chaos!

p.s. love the 'parrot personalization ' of the blinds on the window. :lol:
You caught that didn't you? :hehe: Yes my daughters bird started that and Oscar continues with it! We have to make SURE we move his stand away from it or he'll either chew or climb on them. Guess they think they are adding to the ambiance of those blinds! :rofl:

My daughters parrot mumbles during her movie times. It's like sitting in a theater with those sort of people that just won't shut up! Now she watches movies AFTER hours so that his cage is covered! They know too, they know when you pause those movies/shows, little rascals they are!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Oscar, you are one cool birdie... :cool:

Milton has definite TV faves. On the Today Show, when the people outside are shown waving and happy, Milton always begins waving and yelling "HELLO" back at them. Then when the contestants on "The Price Is Right" are called to come on down, Milty starts running around and does the "happy 'too" dance. :)

The other day, the movie "Full Metal Jacket"came on. (a good movie, but very violent and graphic movie) The beginning was the basic training part- and the DI is very loud- Milty became very upset, and started to yell back at the movie- he cussed it out "'Too Style". I had to go into the other room to watch the rest of the movie...

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
It usually takes me 3 1/2 hours to watch a 2 hour movie. So glad baseball is back so that I can watch without actually having to hear.

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
The birds have picked up from the kids movies/shows. Boris does the "Da-da-doooom!" from the Crugs (The noise the sloth makes) and Ducky usually starts getting excited when he hears the Jake and the Neverland Pirates theme song....

I do not allow sponge bob for my kids, so none for the birds either. :p