• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ordering Cages On Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
...None of the Canadian sites selling bird cages seem to offer free shipping. So, I'm faced with shipping costs. I also notice that if the cage is damaged, shipping costs for return are also my responsibility. A friend from another forum just had to return a cage due to some damage, and the return itself cost her $200...:eek:Do any of you Canadians shop online for cages?

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
did they have shipping insurance?
If the shipping company damages it they should be responsible.

Alternatively you can try and find a place that'll use a freight company. They're more expensive but much safer for the merchandise providing it's packed properly.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Well I found a site with decent shipping to canada and they are very reasonably priced cage wise, and you can get just about anything from them here they are:
Bird Cages | CSN Stores

Someone on another forum from canada did a check (made an order) to see if there were any extra "fees" and there were none.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Thanks! I did check that site earlier....returns due to damages are the customers responsibility. That bugs me....

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Oh yah, I know.. I always just hope for the best! :) lol because you never know what might happen, and most postal guys dont understand that that 50 or 80lb box has breakable parts in it.... and then the company that packs them buggers, I wish they would do it better. I did find an ebay lady that sold HQ's and I ordered 2 from her this last december and they came packaged wonderfully. actually they were the best I've ever gotten, no parts bent/broken!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
...None of the Canadian sites selling bird cages seem to offer free shipping. So, I'm faced with shipping costs. I also notice that if the cage is damaged, shipping costs for return are also my responsibility. A friend from another forum just had to return a cage due to some damage, and the return itself cost her $200...:eek:Do any of you Canadians shop online for cages?
You're in Nfld right?
Have you tried contacting any of your local pet stores of bird supply shops?

Joanne who runs Healthy Bird here in NB has a friend that just opened up a new bird supply store in your neck of the woods and she might be able to order in cages for you.
I got my HQ Flight cage through a breeder here in NB who orders them in groups from the US and if I have an issue or damage, I just go back to her. My cage arrived in perfect condition.

Let me do some searching and see what I can find about that new store...

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Ok here's what I found:

From Joanne's site:
From Corrina's site:
MOST OF THE PRODUCTS ON THIS SITE ARE SUPPLIED BY HEALTHY BIRD - If you are unable to find what you need, fly on over to the HEALTHY BIRD ONLINE CATALOG and I will be more than happy to order the product for you. Healthy Bird Product Specials do not apply. When in doubt what your pet birds needs are, just give me a call or send me a message, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Try contacting her. :D
I hope this helps :cool:

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Thank you SO much!!!I will be checking that out!!!:dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.