• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Order of Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Logo you jumped to the Macaws,,,,,,brave brave.:highfive:
When I first got Lucy I was just like :omg::omg::omg: What did I do I made a mistake I am way in over my head. For the first week I didn't sleep hardly at all and all I could do was stress out. Then as she settled in I settled down and now I don't know what I would do with out her she is the best little girl out there and has won my heart and will forever have it:heart:

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We started with a couple of greys who were just adorable and fun. They would say "Want some coffee" before I was even totally awake in the morning! They tugged on my heart strings and we moved up to "huge" from there. :lol:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Like Mercedez, I started off with a sparrow. Mommy had built her nest a little too close to my dog house. When I found it, she was the last living baby. I kept it in a bird cage outside so Ally, my dog couldn't get to her. The sparrow's mom and dad came and fed her through the cage bars every day. Every afternoon I would bring her inside and let her try and learn to fly. After a few weeks she was flying very well, so I let her go and her parents flew off behind her. I was so sad and worried about the bird, my husband came home one day with a parakeet (Blue Bell) to distract me. One month later I got my tiel (Dolce). Two weeks after that, I got my lovie (Velvet). Now he says he wishes he'd just gotten me flowers! This all happened this year, by the way. I'm a newbie bird nerd! :dancing:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Well I didn't really go with any order in my birds even though I did start with small and end with the biggest it wasn't anything done purposely.
First came Chirp, which I was one of those horrible impulse buyers who had done zero research. I'd just always wanted a bird and my dad would never allow it. So one day soon to be 2 years ago this December I went to petco and bought Chirp. Which was a surprise to my hubby too. But I knew it wouldn't be a problem because he had birds before and loved birds.
Well when he got home he of course was excited about having a bird and wanted one himself. So 2 days later we went out and bought Tweet. Which I was still clueless on how you should do things with birds. But shortly after getting Tweet I did find a budgie forum and started learning.
Well then we were in Petco one night in January getting dog food and we stopped and looked and the budgies and I noticed Greycie. And I just couldn't stop thinking about her. And my husband really liked Opal. So the next morning I was practiclly waiting for them to open their doors to be sure I got these 2 before anyone else did.
Next came Gwen our little P'let. I found a online add for her. Called and set up a time for my husband to go check her out because he always said he loved pocket parrots. In the past he'd had a pair of Grey Cheeks and just loved them. so he went and checked her out and she was not in the best living conditions to say the least. And the food she had was horrible and she had no real toys in her cage.
Then came Char(Budgie). I came across a add for a breeder that had a small store as well. So went and checked them out and just loved Chars color. And I forget what the story was but for some reason I couldn't get him that day. Well I ended up going back out there agian in the next week and bringing him home.
Then I came across Chuck and Larry online for free with $20 for their cage. Which their cage wasn't even big enough for 1 budgie. They were 5 years old and have been on a seed only diet their whole life. Also the homr I got them from the lady had air freshners. I'm their 2nd home. Thier first owner moved and couldn't take them so had gave them to her friend who's son ended up moving back in with her and being allergic to them. Which I think I got them in May.
Next came Snowy(budgie). We actually saw him one of the first times we were out at the breeders. He was just handled as a baby and not handfed. And wanting a tame bird I got him. Which he's my sons bird so it has worked out nicely having him not so nervous like the other budgies.
After that I was set on getting a little male P'let because I just love P'lets. Well after searching the area and the surrounding area and having my name taken at the local bird store in case she heard of one, I finally had my chance when the breeder who I got my food from went to the Reno Bird Expo. They ended up getting quiet a few little babies that still needed to be handfed. So 2 weeks later went and picked up my little Cheebee. It was such a happy day for me. I'd finally gotten my dream bird.
Then in October I went to get more food and ended up bringing home a little handfed budgie who I named Dusk.
Then in November I came across a add for the 7 tiels and couldn't resist them.
And then this past May I got Pretty my female Red Belly.
But sadly before I got Pretty I lost both Cheebee and Dusk in April less then 2 weeks apart.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.