• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Orange/Yellow around the white eye skin?

KiwiBaby

Checking out the neighborhood
My bird kiwi has small patches of yellow/orange on the white skin around her eye. it has been there for quite some time, and I'm unable to find anything online about what it could be, or if it's a sign that something isn't right with her. It's too faint to pick up in a picture, so I can't show it, but it can easily be spotted by the naked eye. If anyone knows what this may be, kiwi and I would love to know!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Rupert sometimes stains his eye ring with food. Usually his is from the peppers he likes (reds and orange in color). Sometimes there’s a bit of purple if he’s gotten a berry.

Otherwise, I’m not sure what would cause that.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Sometimes the dye from a toy can cause staining of the skin. It can last a few days. How is her behavior?

KiwiBaby

Rupert sometimes stains his eye ring with food. Usually his is from the peppers he likes (reds and orange in color). Sometimes there’s a bit of purple if he’s gotten a berry.

Otherwise, I’m not sure what would cause that.
I thought it was a food stain at first, but after countless baths and gentle wiping with a warm wet soft cloth, it was still there.

KiwiBaby

Sometimes the dye from a toy can cause staining of the skin. It can last a few days. How is her behavior?
I don't think it's a stain from anything as it's been present for quite some time.
Her behaviour has been the same as always, she's still her active self and plays with her toys. Her appatite is still strong. she's shown no signs that anything is bothering her or causing her discomfort

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Keep a check on it, it could be a bruise but it’s hard to say. My macaw gets some rather beautiful and interesting colours on his cheeks from any bangs he gets.