• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ORANGE/ RED URINE

Silxnt

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Zoe
My little birds kiki (female) and zephyr (male) have been having yellow and red/ orange urine! I’ve tried giving them veggies for two weeks to see if it helps (spinach, lettuce, carrot) but it doesn’t seem to help clear it up! They also get a food mix of pellets and seeds the pellets are coloured. And they have coloured dyed toys like popsicle sticks. And I literally don’t have the money to hurt them help since my father has spent a lot to get my cat help. Is there any home remedies to clear it up I love them and it would kill me to see them die!

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
We can't diagnose over the internet with so little information (can't really diagnose at all because we aren't vets) The only thing I can suggest is to quit giving them any colored pellets.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It does look like colourings leaching from something they're eating. Definitely hold back on the coloured pellets, carrot and watch what coloured wood they may be chewing on.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Are the fresh poops like that or is the urine clear with the fresh poop after a while the colour of the poop reaches and mixes with the urine.

Silxnt

Real Name
Zoe
Are the fresh poops like that or is the urine clear with the fresh poop after a while the colour of the poop reaches and mixes with the urine.
I’m not sure, I’ll keep an eye out and check

Mantis64

Next time they do a fresh poop check to see if the urine is clear.

Silxnt

Real Name
Zoe
Next time they do a fresh poop check to see if the urine is clear.
I found two fresh droppings and there’s yellow urine, I got these birds from petsmart recently I got kiki 2 months on June 6th and zephyr 1 month June 4th
I wanna help them but I don’t have the money, what would help to clear it up??

Mantis64

Like fresh as in it just came out of the birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you remove all dyed food, all orange and yellow food, and all dyed toys for a day or two and they still have discolored fresh poops, then a vet is my suggestion. The only way to "clear it up" is to get to the root of the problem