• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions on conure cage

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That would be an awesome cage for him. I have a similar one and love it. The only downfall is where the divider goes, there is a ‘bar’, not sure how to describe it, in my cage. That bar is more difficult to clean. I put newspaper over it and that helps. I would definitely get one again.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
That's definitely big enough for a crimson!

It could probably house two :laugh:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
On a different note are all conures, specifically crimsons perpetual motion or is it just that we have a toddler. This little fellow is cute as the dickens but oh my is he a busy body. He is all over the place and into everything.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
From what I've heard most conures are balls of energy but @Mockinbirdiva could confirm that!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
From what I've heard most conures are balls of energy but @Mockinbirdiva could confirm that!
They are busy birds! If you’re planning on removing the divider to provide twice the space of a single flight cage it would be awesome!

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I just got a very very similar one to this, off of 'ezydeals'. Its wonderful for my gcc. I simply set up the cage without the divider bar, and held the cages together while tightening screws and whatnot. He cannot fit through the gap and he's loving the room. Best of luck!

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Good to know that this is a good choice. Dragon has inherited Walters cage but I overestimated the size of a crimson bellied conure and underestimated the width of the bars in the cage. The result is that the bars are too wide for such a little guy. So we have ordered the new cage.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh! What a lucky boy he is! I've always dreamed of a double flight but a single is all I have room for.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just outta curiosity what's it look like when the divider is out? Is there a lip that sticks out where the divider sits?

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Just outta curiosity what's it look like when the divider is out? Is there a lip that sticks out where the divider sits?
We haven’t tightened it down yet because we have to move it but I think the space will be around 5/8 when done. There is a groove where the divider sits but some have suggested just putting a layer of paper down so it’s easier to clean. I will give more details when we finish setting it up but I am pretty impressed so far