• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions on BirdTricks?

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
About BirdTricks, I watch some of their videos because they do have some useful information especially for beginners but I take everything with a pinch of salt. Sometimes is does feel like watching one long advert though and I wouldn't buy their products ( the price is :eek:). Otherwise, as long as you do your own research to check what they say is correct, I don't see a problem :shrug:. There are definitely better trainers out there. I really hate the lowering weight stuff though...

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
some of their content is okay, but i wouldn't purchase anything from them. all they do is rebrand stuff and say it's theirs. flock talk has better training techniques and is free.
I don’t like any of their group training videos, because she gives off werid vibes and always seems pretty negative. I also hated their budgie video, it was literally an advertisement!

Jisoo

I don’t like any of their group training videos, because she gives off werid vibes and always seems pretty negative. I also hated their budgie video, it was literally an advertisement!
i know right! she's extremely rude to their costumers. maybe their natural feeding system is alright but still, there's much better people to take advice from.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Their natural feeding system...? You mean TOP's food? :rofl: (they do sell TOP's pellets!)

clarousel

Agreed! She has these glarey eyes!

Yeah totally hated their budgie video. Like would people actually buy that...

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Their natural feeding system...? You mean TOP's food? :rofl: (they do sell TOP's pellets!)
Their natural feeding system I believe is their way of saying feed as much fresh seasonal variety as possible. It’s not just the pellet side of things I don’t think.

Jisoo

i know that their pellets are tops (but WAY more expensive) i'm talking about their seasonal feeding system. i like the fact that it is seasonal, but other besides that i don't really like it.

clarousel

Oh I forgot to mention that I learnt about the random rewarding stuff from them which I think makes a lot of sense. Whether or not it's truly their ideaology or someone else's, I think it's great for training!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
their feeding system is common sense. phoebe greene linden advocated seasonal abundance back in the 90s. their birds aren't even pets, really.

RainbowFlo

Real Name
Estella
I hate it when trainers like Marlene or Birdtricks rebrand pellets especially tops and then charge a lot more. Most people would assume their one is healthier as they claim, not knowing you can probably get better for less. Well known brands are formulated with lots of vets, nutritionists experts etc. not social media figures. Marlene's one is shocking- tops with a bunch of seeds mixed in is about almost double the price. A lot of birds wouldn't even eat the pellets when seeds are an option in it.

RainbowFlo

Real Name
Estella
I watch marlene's and Birdtricks videos to pick up some good tips and see their birds but since I've joined AA I've found less of a need to watch them- their always going to twist information to push for their products whereas here on AA I can get honest tips and info. Plus all the bird pics :loveshower: :lol:

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Ohh I've recently started watching their video's. Reading all these replies for as far back as 2018 has shed some light on them. Odd how I stumbled on this post xD

I must ask though, Are they reliable with some of their info? or should I rather look for some other source on how to train my budgies ( I feel like some of their vids might help with my budgies) as I've only just got Kumo and Yuki?
I watch Birdtricks. Despite their sketchy doings I suppose, I do enjoy their content. They are very consistent in videos (which I prefer over reading articles), their editting is high quality, and they put the information forward nicely in my opinion- easy to understand and usually straight to the point. They have OBVIOUS success and their methods that they put out towards the public are proven and great resources. I would never buy their training services however, as I have people that I prefer for much cheaper.

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
i know that their pellets are tops (but WAY more expensive) i'm talking about their seasonal feeding system. i like the fact that it is seasonal, but other besides that i don't really like it.
Yah I agree! I think the ONLY thing I would buy from them would be their lil' birdie cook books :). They are worth it in my opinion, even if they are a bit pricey.

Nikki&jooj

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nikki
Yah I agree! I think the ONLY thing I would buy from them would be their lil' birdie cook books :). They are worth it in my opinion, even if they are a bit pricey.
I actually bought the online version and was able to wean my baby GCC to their natural feeding system. He would refuse to give up his formula for just some veggies that i would prepare... things I do for this flying toddler of mine.. :shifty:
To be honest I don't regret the $40. I enjoyed the material very much and, most importantly, Ziggy is very pleased.

Circling

Walking the driveway
Real Name
John
Oh I forgot to mention that I learnt about the random rewarding stuff from them which I think makes a lot of sense. Whether or not it's truly their ideaology or someone else's, I think it's great for training!
Random as opposed to everytime the birb responds correctly, or random in another way?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have no problem with David and Jamie Womach. I probably won't buy pellets from them any more, but I have learned many useful things from their website and have even had a private consultation via skype. I was given their budgie course for free, and I thought it was OK. Their Family Friendly parrot course makes the idea of positive reinforcement, permission-based training clear as well as a very sytematic way to figure out what you may be doing wrong. Their toy boxes and pellets are re-branded items, though. So, buyer beware. I actually believe David Womach to be very knowledgeable.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, what they refer to as the seasonal feeding system are merely chop recipes based on what is available and fresh during each season. They also have a guide to pellet conversion (seed to pellet), and they put out a free video with a recipe for a seed mix that is healthier than store bought mixes for those stubborn seed eaters.

clarousel

Random as opposed to everytime the birb responds correctly, or random in another way?
Yes and also mixing up the treats, not always giving the favourite treat each time so you make the bird more expectant and willing to train.

It's something to build up to so you go from rewarding everytime to every other time, then increasing the repetitions before you reward your bird.

Maggiebird

Real Name
Sally
I think some of the things that they say are good advice but one thing I did notice is how expensive stuff is on the website.Not by much but for example they’re pellets cost about 29$ for 4lbs of pellets and tops largest cost is 27$,Harrison’s 21$, and zupreems natural pellets 13$. Just something I noticed for small birds I don’t know about big birds like macaws and Amazon’s. Also awhile ago I was reading one of the comments on they’re videos and someone was asking for help with they’re bird and I think for training? Anyways they said to book an online consultation. Which is 80$ for 30 minutes.I don’t know how much it is for a better trainer who is not recording you and treating you badly. Anyways I hope this helps somewhat!! ( Also in USA money)