• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinion on my cockatiels cage

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Personally I would get a larger cage (unless Winnie's being taken out lots more than time in the cage.) . Maybe add a-2 more branches in the centre of the cage at the top, and one more shredding toy. Love it so far though.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Have you left the middle clear of perches so Winnie can fly from one side to the other?

I would probably move the food and water dishes higher up for Winnie and maybe add another perch or two in front of them so they can be used instead of your bird having to perch on the dishes and maybe a few colourful toys but what you have is totally suitable if your bird is happy in there. I like to have colour and I also like to have a few more perches for them.

Not sure what you are hanging toys with as I cant quite work out what they ae strung up with- I worry it is string and just want to make sure you have it in such a way that Winnie cant get caught up in them is all.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
Personally I would get a larger cage (unless Winnie's being taken out lots more than time in the cage.) . Maybe add a-2 more branches in the centre of the cage at the top, and one more shredding toy. Love it so far though.
Oh :shifty:, i thought the cage was REALLY big. On week days, he is usually in his cage from 8am - 3pm and is let out all morning and afternoon. He is out on weekends when im home (which is most of the time)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh :shifty:, i thought the cage was REALLY big. On week days, he is usually in his cage from 8am - 3pm and is let out all morning and afternoon. He is out on weekends when im home (which is most of the time)
Your cage is perfectly fine for a tiel. And as Winnie is not in it all the time that makes things even better.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Have you left the middle clear of perches so Winnie can fly from one side to the other?

I would probably move the food and water dishes higher up for Winnie and maybe add another perch or two in front of them so they can be used instead of your bird having to perch on the dishes and maybe a few colourful toys but what you have is totally suitable if your bird is happy in there. I like to have colour and I also like to have a few more perches for them.

Not sure what you are hanging toys with as I cant quite work out what they ae strung up with- I worry it is string and just want to make sure you have it in such a way that Winnie cant get caught up in them is all.
Yes, i left this IMG20230124153347 copy.jpg area so he can hop/fly to the perches, i will probably add a perch here IMG20230124153347 copy.jpg too. Winnie doesnt really mind what colour the toys are, he loves these 3 the best IMG20230124153347 copy.jpg and they are the least colourful.

The hanging toys are hung by these: Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.39.06 pm.png
Thanks for your help :loveshower:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree, it's perfectly fine size-wise!

Like @Shezbug says , I would add a bit of colour, maybe a boing in the middle? If you get quite a big one I find mine use it as a kind of stairway from the top to the bottom of the cage.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Size is definitely perfect for a single tiel. What about a perch or 2 added to the back? I have several in Bosco's cage so he can more easily perch along the back wall vs it just being bars to grab.

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
Cage looks nice!! I agree with what others above have said, I like color too :) ...I don’t have a tiel but my bird loves bells and stainless steel toys he’s always ringing and playing with them!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I agree, it's perfectly fine size-wise!

Like @Shezbug says , I would add a bit of colour, maybe a boing in the middle? If you get quite a big one I find mine use it as a kind of stairway from the top to the bottom of the cage.
Mine are same they love their boings jumping on off it upside down and same use it as a stairway

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
It’s looks good for your cockatiel I would just add a few more perches :heart:

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Thanks for your help!
I was thinking that i did need more perches but i wasnt bothered to forage in my backyard for a stick to clean and soak, then dry and try to fit in the cage :rolleyes:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
joing the club, yes a very nice cage size!! Yes to more perches.

Love your avatar! So cute

And I need to see your cute baby close up to admire!!

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
my tiel loves her cactus wood perch. She also loved the easily destroyed cork wood perch I got her. I see you have vine balls in your cage, if your bird doesn't play with it much, try squeezing a small branch of millet inside and watch your tiel go wild !! :D Sea grass mat toys are a favorite of my tiel as well, and I see you also have that in your cage near the back.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
my tiel loves her cactus wood perch. She also loved the easily destroyed cork wood perch I got her. I see you have vine balls in your cage, if your bird doesn't play with it much, try squeezing a small branch of millet inside and watch your tiel go wild !! :D Sea grass mat toys are a favorite of my tiel as well, and I see you also have that in your cage near the back.
Winnie loves the vine balls a lot. The sea grass mat has straw stuffed inside that he loves to pull out, it has wood attached which has also been attacked and nearly all gone :roflmao: