• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Only in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
I received this via email today from a friend in Dunedin ( way down the south island of NZ) and thought it was worth a chuckle :D

A seagull in Dunedin has developed the habit of stealing ETA Chips from a neighbourhood convenience store. The seagull waits until the Manager isn't looking, and then walks into the store and grabs a snack-size bag of cheese chips.

Once outside, the bag gets ripped open and shared by other birds.

The seagull's shoplifting started early this month when he first swooped into the store in Dunedin, and helped himself to a bag of chips. Since then, he's become a regular. He always takes the same type of chips.

The Manager thinks it's great because people are coming to watch the feathered thief make the daily grab and run, and that's good for business, and especially since customers have begun paying for the seagull's stolen bags of Chips because they think it's so funny.

However, the Manager did say, "This is New Zealand, and if that seagull starts to grab a 6-pack of beer to go along with the Chips, I may have to put a stop to it.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:lol:

drop

Cute story.

Though, not only in NZ aparently ;)

YouTube - Sam the seagull stealing Doritos

I think I have also read the same story circulating about a bird that was from somewhere in the USA. Probably spin-offs of the original one to cater to people in different countries, you know what I mean?

Last edited:

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
yeah I just discovered it may have been dunedin scotland and not nz

either way you look at it cute story though :D

trout

Real Name
Bobby
it is funny. :hehe:

I remember reading about it a while ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.