• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One or Two Caiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Okay, so we brought your baby home on Sept. 1st. She is the BEST bird we have ever owned, and LOVE this breed. I am so tempted to get another one for a playmate for Kiwi. I would have to keep them in the same cage though. Do Caiques do better on their own or with a playmate? Or does it depend on the individual bird? Would being in the same cage be bad? Our current cage is large enough for two. I probably just need to get over this temptation!!!! :headsmack:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Okay, so we brought your baby home on Sept. 1st. She is the BEST bird we have ever owned, and LOVE this breed. I am so tempted to get another one for a playmate for Kiwi. I would have to keep them in the same cage though. Do Caiques do better on their own or with a playmate? Or does it depend on the individual bird? Would being in the same cage be bad? Our current cage is large enough for two. I probably just need to get over this temptation!!!! :headsmack:
Patter, no guarantees they would get along and then you would HAVE to get two cages.
Also even if they do get along, things can change and you may need to separate them. That's what happened when my grey, Big Scooter, joined the flock. JoJo started beating up on Chickie and I separated them for a week. Thank goodness he straightened out again!!!:eek:
Catherine's Woof and Meow, though bonded at the start, are now in two different cages....

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I also have two birds that are bonded that I can not even let out at the same time Baby and Rocky they lived together for some time before things happened if you have two always have room for a spare cage :hug8:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Agreed with Saroj, never any guarantees. I think Alex has two caiques and don't get along.

T

TinaM

Two? Two schmoo! Go for FOUR!

Patter, you should get a BH girly!!

*btw... the top WBC? Kiwi's brother! :)

T

TinaM

If AJ is hsmoscout ...he already knows. I torment him on other forums.

T

TinaM

Yes, same person. Which forums are you in and how is life with RFMs and a Cape? :eek: :eek: :eek:
BB is the only other forum that's not species specific. I'm not a big forum poster, no time to hop all the various forums out there. I find one and root like a tree. I was told to come here from a friend to show my support for AA, so I did. I think I'll root!

Life with RFMS and a Cape! Well.. The Cape is still in the "I hate you, you're not my mommy, this isn't home and stay away from my food or I'll scream and flap menacingly but never bite you!" phase. Ask me again in 2 months lol. He might like me then?!

The RFMs! Zoe and Remy. Zoe is my special girl. Remy is a 4 year old I acquired and am getting him back to health. He was severely mal-nourished and underweight. He weighed 210 grams. So, he's smaller than Zoe. After 4 months in quarantine and after every barrage of test and voodoo magic we could stuff into him, he finally got to visit Zoe.

...Did I mention Zoe is a fishwife?

Remy is a quiet gentleman who will step up nervously, never ever touch with his beak and shiver and shake until you put him down. Zoe is.. a fish wife and spoiled rotten.

Remy fell head over for Zoe. Zoe found someone she can carp at. It works well for them. My ears will never be the same!

Of course, add to that 4 Caiques, 2 Congos, a Jardines and my daughters evil minion Conures and that sums our pets up! Oi!

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I started with one, am now up to two. They want nothing to do with eachother at this point. I have faith one day they will finally buddy up. But caiques are just so much fun. Why not have two! :lol:

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
Two? Two schmoo! Go for FOUR!

Patter, you should get a BH girly!!

*btw... the top WBC? Kiwi's brother! :)
Yep, I could pick Squee out of the group! He is such a handsome guy! :) And FOUR? My husband would kill me! :lol: But two, I will keep thinking. My cage does have a divider but I would hate to take half of Kiwi's cage from her now after she loves it so. Hmmm, maybe a bird room is in order. :D When my husband gets home from Ireland tomorrow, maybe I should just tell him we are rearranging the house for birds! :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.