• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One or a couple

Should I get one or 2 birbs

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A couple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charlous

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nour
Hello everyone,
I plan to get a sun conure bird. I do not know if I should get just one or a couple. I don't want him/her to be lonely.
I also have a couple cockatiels, they have a baby girl.
What I saw in the cockatiels that I have is that they get more interested in each other than in me.
I don't want the new conure to ignore me and focus on his mate. But I don't want to be selfish and not give him a mate.

Sorry for being a bit long I am asking for advice from you guys especially the ones who have conure birbs. What do you think is the best approach?

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It is harder to tame a couple of birds than just one at a time. Also, you not all birds do well around other birds. Make sure you are ready for a sun conure. With all your cockatiels, a GCC would be a better bet. They have smaller beaks which means a less painful bite. They also are a bit smaller, so getting them to get along might be easier. This is just my opinion though.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have got two green cheeks i got them 3 months apart the dynamic i had with my first bird changed with the addition of the second bird with them spending most of there time out of the cage time together.
I have never had any regrets getting my second conure.

You would have to plan for seperate out of cage time from the tiels and possibly each other if they dont get along.

Something worth thinking about is noise Aratinga ( sun conures genus ) conures are supposedly much louder than Pyrrhura ( GCC genus ) conures.

My two cheekies can be very noisy together at times.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@DoubleTake has suns. I believe he brought home two babies at the same time from two separate breeders if I remember correctly

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
My two kids were attached to me but once they matured, 2.5years old, I became more like the 3rd wheel. Don't get my wrong, they still want to be around me and they will go to people and say hi but it's always gonna be all of them or none of them. Mine are attached to the hip and they will have it no other way or else you will get that painful sun Conure scream. If you plan to be around daily and give them plenty attention, I think 1 fine. If they are going to be alone for long hours daily then maybe it will need a friend.

Side note, some people think getting 2 will make them quieter because they have each other... definitely not the case :dead: