• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of those days

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Anyone else have days where their Conure just..Decides it's time to be noisy all the time with no breaks?
I swear, every 2-3 days Aro just decides " I think I will scream all day today:)" and I can't figure out if it's normal or he's just once again being his weird little self xD Its 4pm and he's at full volume responding to the wild birds. If bcc's and gcc's are supposed to be some of the quietest conures,,,I worry about you guy's with bigger birds ears xD (Joke, light-hearted)

I don't mind it of course, it's what I signed up for. Even if there was a bit of a "getting used to it" phase. But I do worry a little sometimes that my neighbours might complain and the people I'm renting from might ask me to rehome him :(

Also I swear I am doing my best at not constantly making new threads, I just really like talking xD

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
But I do worry a little sometimes that my neighbours might complain
Be sure to post a Christmas card under the door for them ;) do your best to be friendly with them. I did that with my prev neighbours who had to listen to my lovebirds and never had any issues in almost a decade. I would take them a bottle of wine at Xmas and one year I made mince pies and took a plate round. I also grew them a plant one summer with clippings from my plant.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Be sure to post a Christmas card under the door for them ;) do your best to be friendly with them. I did that with my prev neighbours who had to listen to my lovebirds and never had any issues in almost a decade. I would take them a bottle of wine at Xmas and one year I made mince pies and took a plate round. I also grew them a plant one summer with clippings from my plant.

That's actually a good idea, if I'm a nice neighbour they can't complain. Winning advice for real O: I don't typically leave my house because I have mild agoraphobia, so they probably barely even know me outside of "screaming bird" xD

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If bcc's and gcc's are supposed to be some of the quietest conures,,,I worry about you guy's with bigger birds ears xD (Joke, light-hearted)
This is the biggest lie ever when Cheekies want to make a noise they make.
When theyre making noise my first checks are, do they have fresh water fresh pellets that can sometimes be the cause for a bit of screaming.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
This is the biggest lie ever when Cheekies want to make a noise they make.
When theyre making noise my first checks are, do they have fresh water fresh pellets that can sometimes be the cause for a bit of screaming.

Right xD I don't trust any site that says any bird is quiet now,I'll only trust bird owners xD
I do the same, fresh water and a refresh of food,,buut most of the time its just chaos cause he feels like it xD

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We all have one of those days i posted this today.

There is usually a trigger when they go crazy with mine its usually dirty water or time for fresh pellets.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Update: He forced me to watch him take a bath, and is now a lot calmer, is this what he wanted all day? xD What a dummy.
It could be if he is molting a bath always makes them less cranky

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
It could be if he is molting a bath always makes them less cranky
He hasn't really lost any feathers or anything, but he is itchy sometimes lately. Perhaps it could be signs he's going to? I gotta admit I don't know much about the early signs of molting :'(

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
But I do worry a little sometimes that my neighbours might complain and the people I'm renting from might ask me to rehome him :(
I rent and when they first came home and Eva was a nugget and screamed constantly for food and to be held at all hours, I was genuinely concerned about my neighbors. I don’t mind waking up every 4 hours and comforting them because like you said, that’s what we signed up for, but my neighbors didn’t and I always hated when people let their dogs bark outside my house at 630AM. I would be like offended :roflmao: like you left your comfy house, came to my house to poop, pee and ruin my grass, and then yell in my window? Not cool haha all jokes aside, my neighbors have young kids and so the whole 11pm-7am thing I try to respect as best as I can.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Best thing to do right? Kill them with kindness

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
My GCC ran be very receive to outside burds setting off alarm calls. For true alarm calls i go check it out then tell her its ok, and she stops.

But you don't want reward other screaming with attention either negative or acknowledgement. Because they will start doing more to get your attention a reaction.
( for established non stop screamers, tho I find redirect, and instant disruption works much better than ignoring)

I had to move an outside burd feeder farther from the window as it was making her nuts with all those birds

krupali

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
krupali
He hasn't really lost any feathers or anything, but he is itchy sometimes lately. Perhaps it could be signs he's going to? I gotta admit I don't know much about the early signs of molting :'(
Did he start his molt? My cockatiel is itchy too and I don't know if it's pre molt. He had his molt in october, wonder if his is starting soon. The winter air doesn't help