• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of these babies...

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I actually had an appointment set up for the following Thursday but that’s only 5 days after s/he gets home. Do you think I should keep the appointment or wait it out?
When I picked up Oscar, I took him to the vet on my way home, felt right to get it done to...
  • get it over with for him
  • get the results asap for my piece of mind
  • avoid the likely struggle to get him in the carrier if I had booked it a few days later
    (undermines the early work to build trust, and didn't want to leave it long enough to train his voluntary use of the carrier)

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just got the call and I swear I’m in many ways tough as nails but I actually broke into tears. Must be all the anticipation. I’m picking up my baby at 1pm PST on Saturday. Expect lots more questions and posts lol! For starters, when should I take him to my avian vet? The bird store suggested I wait 2 months to get her settled in. What do y’all think?
Great news if your anything like me you wont get much sleep Friday night.

Looking forward to the pics

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not long to go now :bliss:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
In order from left to right
First one is like "hey don't like pictures"
Second one"I hope they take me with someone who likes to sleep"
Third and fourth are like"ooh hi what's your name my favorite color is green"
And last one is like"hey"

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
In order from left to right
First one is like "hey don't like pictures"
Second one"I hope they take me with someone who likes to sleep"
Third and fourth are like"ooh hi what's your name my favorite color is green"
And last one is like"hey"
So excited for you but I don’t see any pictures attached to your post!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. I've generally taken new birds to the vet shortly after I've gotten them. I want to be sure all is well and, if not, contact the breeder or shop ASAP. Since I have several birds I also wanted to be sure that the new bird didn't have any health issues that might affect my other birds.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
So excited for you but I don’t see any pictures attached to your post!
That's because I'm replying to the person who posted the five conures on page one

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Not long to go now :bliss:
Which is why I’m entering Petco as we speak! I found myself talking about my bird on a work zoom call an hit ahi and so now I’m that person! And I don’t even have the darn bird yet lol!

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Congrats. I've generally taken new birds to the vet shortly after I've gotten them. I want to be sure all is well and, if not, contact the breeder or shop ASAP. Since I have several birds I also wanted to be sure that the new bird didn't have any health issues that might affect my other birds.
Well it turns out the parrot insurance Nationwide decided for me since they require a two week waiting period. Rescheduled for June 10th.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Which is why I’m entering Petco as we speak! I found myself talking about my bird on a work zoom call an hit ahi and so now I’m that person! And I don’t even have the darn bird yet lol!
Came out of Petco with a bag full of chews, treats and two toys for my dogs. You know, distract and reward for the vote they didn’t get on getting an addition to our family.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Came out of Petco with a bag full of chews, treats and two toys for my dogs. You know, distract and reward for the vote they didn’t get on getting an addition to our family.
Wait until the bird starts to drop food things. All the reward dogs need! They love the birdies at that point.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Wait until the bird starts to drop food things. All the reward dogs need! They love the birdies at that point.
I agree with that! It’s like they have there own agreement. I give you food you leave me along lol