• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of my chickens has gone Broody.She keeps flying the coop.what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celia58

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I trimmed her wings and she still gets over.She disappeared for 2 days and I thought for sure she was dead.Then she shows up all attitude(she was my sweetest girl)..So I penned her up in the coop and she got out and disappeared again overnight.

Well I finally found her nest under a big 8x4 board leaning against the garage.She must have 20 eggs in it..But not sure how to proceed.Should I just destroy the nest? Or cage her up for a week?

My friend said they will just sit on the nest until they get sick or some wild animal finally finds her..

Ive only got 3 chickens I had two die a few years back.One was attacked and killed by the neighbors dog and the other got egg bound.But my favorite is the one thats gone broody, my original Australorp, the other two are RI Reds I just got for companions for her..

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Can you put a top on your coop so they can't fly out? Also, could you move the nest to inside the coop so she can still sit on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.