• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of my budgies dropping looks different (white)

ume & pipi

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi. I am worried about my budgie's dropping.
I have two budgies, male and felamle, both one year old and came from the same breeder.
I noticed their droppings look very different. One (left on the picture) looks white and much bigger than the other (right on the picture) one.
Left one is female's but she never laid eggs. It's been like this for 6 months and they are both very active and eat well, 38-40g.
I am worried she might have digestion problem, pancreas problem as I checked website information. I'm trying to find vet but there is no avian vet near me and I don't want to take them to GP vet who doesn't have any idea about birds.
Have you had the same problem? Have you seen the same kind of dropping? If so, please give me ideas of what it is, how to treat this. (or no need to worry)
Thank you. Budiges samples.JPG

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump4: (for visibility)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
How much cuttlefish bone or mineral block is your girl eating? Looks like a lot. Take it away for a week, see what happens.

ume & pipi

Checking out the neighborhood
How much cuttlefish bone or mineral block is your girl eating? Looks like a lot. Take it away for a week, see what happens.
Hi. Thank you for your comment. I put just a few calcium mixed with pellet every morning, not a lot. They are not eating mineral block and cuttlefish bones. And both of them are eating the same diet, 4g a day...
I will stop calcium and see if anything changes.