• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One month old baby cockatiel fell

Carson

Moving in
Real Name
Hamza
Hi there, I’m new to these whole avian thing and i just got a one month old baby cockatiel (his name is kiwi) 4 days ago which he just starts to walk and still hand fed , two days ago i was holding him in my hand he was moving alot and he fell a one foot drop to my bed on his chest and legs and immediately after that he couldn’t stand on his feet and he didn’t move them at all but the rest of the day he acted normally and ate normally, next morning (which is yesterday) i took him to my local vet to get him checked and they told me they couldn’t find anythink wrong with him and gave me some medicine for joint pain and some antibiotics, today he started to move them a little bit but still can’t stand on them or balance on them and still eating normally, i just wanna ask if anyone had an experience like that and if he is going to fine, side note i think he is underweighted because i weighted him this morning he was around 60 grams what i can do to fix it

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If the vet couldn't find anything wrong he should be okay. He landed on a bed from 12 inches so I can't see this even causing any bruising. It's likely the fall has given him a lack of confidence in his legs. Give him a few days he should find his feet.
As an aside young tiels are one of the clumsiest parrots I've ever met. There's a big chance there's a lot more falls to come. They seem built for it.