• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One-legged King Quail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
One of my King Quail’s has only one leg, I got him back in January (the start of this year) and he was getting around really well, having one leg didn’t bother him the least.

Anyhow, I have noticed in the past few weeks that he has been resting a lot more, and I am a bit worried that it might be getting to him now and slowing him down more than he wants it to. I have hay down on the bottom of the aviary so they have a soft spot to rest on, but can anyone think of anything else? He still hops around, I mean, it is not as if he has gone from being very active, to nothing, he follows one of my other King Quail’s around, they are very close, and were in an aviary together previously for quite some time. I am not able to bring them inside, I have absolutely no room, but I am open to any ideas, if any.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
do you have any platform perches and the like?? any way that you can separate him from t he others with a cage within a cage...any way you can p ut a cage inside the aviary to make him more comfy and safe from the other birdies

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Bumping for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.