• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

on waiting list- need opions

Status
Not open for further replies.

parrotforlife

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
linda
after careful thought I have decided to add a another parrot to my home and decided on the pionus. I am on a waiting list. Now all I have to decide is what kind.
what pionus do u have? What do u like about them . I leaning on the max although the bronze too.
Anyone own the bronze? what do u like about theM?

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I have a Blue Headed Pionus. I got him when he was about 6 months old. He had not been handled very much but I was able to make friends with him pretty quickly. He's not a snuggly bird, though. But, he does love to just hang out with Mama on my shoulder. He also loves getting scritches. He loves being talked to and he's a fairly good mimic. He says lots of things and does sounds, too. Better than I thought he would be. He's not a super active bird..more of a perch potatoe, but he will fly around a bit. He had a terrible clip when I got him and would drop like a rock. I let him grow his feathers back in and he learned to fly...I think his history may have something to do with why he doesn't fly a lot. But, he is good at it now.

He has his moments where he just doesn't want to be messed with. I know him wo well now that I can tell just by the look in his eye. If possible, I just leave him alone. But, if I have to put him away, Ijust use a handheld perch to avoid any bites.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I don't have a pionus but some friends of ours have a dusky. They live in a town house and never have any problems he is pretty quiet most of the time.

M-Nature

Walking the driveway
Real Name
M-Nature
Have you seen this website: Life of Pis My friend Michelle has two Pis, Gillie a blue-headed Pi and Django a Maxi Pi. You might enjoy learning more about their exploits on the website! :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
after careful thought I have decided to add a another parrot to my home and decided on the pionus. I am on a waiting list. Now all I have to decide is what kind.
what pionus do u have? What do u like about them . I leaning on the max although the bronze too.
Anyone own the bronze? what do u like about theM?

I haven't met many Pionus, but I have met a few and I am totally smitten and in love with them. I definitely want a white capped:) I know someone who has 3 WC and one BH and they are all nice birds.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I really like Maxis personally. They are known to be the calmer of the pionus species.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I really like Maxis personally. They are known to be the calmer of the pionus species.
:iagree: Heard the same thing but they happen to also be the least colorful in the family. My personal favorite is the BWP. If appearance is not a determining factor, then this species is probably one of the best of all parrot species one can choose to bring home temperament-wise. :cool10:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use to breed Blue head pionus and whitecap. I really recommend either species. The BH's are just beautiful. They learn to talk pretty well. They are relatively quiet except they can get loud when they are playing with a toy. But that's fun noise and is OK with me. They are a little shy but all of mine would go to anyone.
The whitecaps were nice too. They were a little louder but enjoyed play time. They tended to be a one person bird.

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have a WC Pionus named Murlin. I have had him for over four years. He was the first larger bird I owned. He talks, but he speaks Pi, and I have no idea what he is saying half the time, but he loves to chat with me. Most people when they first look at them just see a green bird. Murlin has many colors, and is quite handsome to me. He also has bronzing on his wings. He is a quiet bird, as most of them are. He is happy to play by himself, or hang out with us as well. I would have another Pionus in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself. I have recommended them to other people that have asked me about them, and each one have told me how much they love these birds.
I did post pictures of Murlin here if you wanted to check him out.

Good luck with finding your bird.:)

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
I've had both bronzewing and maximilians. I'd suggest the maxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.