• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On the way to the vet

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Everything went fine! Vet said Oliver was at a perfect weight, his feathers looked good, and everything inside sounded good. She still couldn’t confidently explain why his cere is brown now but she did mention male budgie feminization and also possibly teeny tiny lumps on his testies that could also explain it. (She said if there was anything down there that didn’t show up on the X-ray then it would be benign and not life threatening)
She said she wanted to see Winston next so I’ll be taking him sometime soon. I unfortunately can’t bring them to the vet together because they just cause chaos.

I’ve been seeing the same vet for 4 years so i feel better whenever I talk to her

Here is Oliver strapped in the car on the way back. Remember to buckle up!
View attachment 421547
Great to hear!! I dont know how smooth your ride is, but if its rough and u have the cage covered up you might be freaking your bird out with all the shaking without a visual.
I have a small travel cage for trips. The only time my Chirpie lets me give him scritches is when hes inside that travel cage lol. But during the last few trips I had my windows up and he was just chilling on my hand through the whole ride. He seems to like that more.

8DF7AB6E-5938-49F1-8519-95D21C7170E6.jpeg

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Do you take him for a check up once a year?
Winnie seems pretty happy in his cage because we go to our holiday house quite often and bring him with us. We keep a flight cage at the house so he is only in the little one for 45 minutes for the car ride. He loves it! He just chats away to me and sings happily :rolleyes:
Yep I usually take them for a check up 1-3 times a year because I’m an overly cautious parront :laughing2:

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Great to hear!! I dont know how smooth your ride is, but if its rough and u have the cage covered up you might be freaking your bird out with all the shaking without a visual.
Oliver does great in car rides and he used to just sit on my hand during them but I don’t trust it when it’s just me and him in the car. It was raining today and he gets scared of the windshield wipers so I covered him up enough so that he could only see me but the blanket fell back over the cage mid drive. He didn’t seem to mind it though!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so glad Ollie is A-OK! I'm sorry for having to be in your travel cage, Ollie! But it is necessary some times.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Oliver does great in car rides and he used to just sit on my hand during them but I don’t trust it when it’s just me and him in the car. It was raining today and he gets scared of the windshield wipers so I covered him up enough so that he could only see me but the blanket fell back over the cage mid drive. He didn’t seem to mind it though!
Wouldnt it be cool to have a human sized bugie who can sit next to u in the passenger seat? Lol

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Wouldnt it be cool to have a human sized bugie who can sit next to u in the passenger seat? Lol
Oh my goodness imagine! It would be like a little dinosaur :roflmao: