• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On a attack

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Hi everybody

indie my lovebird not sure if she’s female but thinking that way last two days I have let her out she’s just been on attack just flying to me to bite me she’s bitten my lip pretty bad just now flew to my shoulder then just thrown herself at my lip so fast then flew off (pico was on my shoulder chatting away at this point too )
I tired to do tricks with her which she normally loves and she went to her perch to do tricks when I said tricks but she just attacked my hands over millet then went in her cage by herself and started doing this (pictures below)her cage door was open and she just chose to do this so I’ve just come out of room shut her door
she bend over for pico and started hissing psss noise he just flew off this Seemed to start her drama off (pico as been preening her while they have been out together and yesterday they were playing on floor with ball and bell together but again she bent down psss pss then seems to get angry at me
I don’t know what to do with her these past two days took her downstairs for a bath on sink yesterday again which she loves she attacked my arm all way down she bathed then just took herself back upstairs to her cage

does she see me as a threat to her and picos relationship as pico all for me ? If she does how can I stop this without ruining my relationship with pico ? They aren’t bonded she loves him follows him everywhere when they are out together

Attachments

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Hi everybody

I have posted this on behave byway too

indie my lovebird not sure if she’s female but thinking that way last two days I have let her out she’s just been on attack just flying to me to bite me she’s bitten my lip pretty bad just now flew to my shoulder then just thrown herself at my lip so fast then flew off (pico was on my shoulder chatting away at this point too )
I tired to do tricks with her which she normally loves and she went to her perch to do tricks when I said tricks but she just attacked my hands over millet then went in her cage by herself and started doing this (pictures below)her cage door was open and she just chose to do this so I’ve just come out of room shut her door
she bend over for pico and started hissing psss noise he just flew off this Seemed to start her drama off (pico as been preening her while they have been out together and yesterday they were playing on floor with ball and bell together but again she bent down psss pss then seems to get angry at me
I don’t know what to do with her these past two days took her downstairs for a bath on sink yesterday again which she loves she attacked my arm all way down she bathed then just took herself back upstairs to her cage

does she see me as a threat to her and picos relationship as pico all for me ? If she does how can I stop this without ruining my relationship with pico ? They aren’t bonded she loves him follows him everywhere when they are out together

She’s tame but doesn’t like hands but never been anything like this past two days

Attachments

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
How old is she? I'm wondering if she might be hormonal and that it will pass

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
How old is she? I'm wondering if she might be hormonal and that it will pass
shes 8months I got her out later and she was lovely well apart from once biting my wrist I said no bite and she stopped Ive bought her some new toys she hasn’t had any for a while so hoping that keeps her occupied a bit:banghead: although that basket was new my daughter made it her last night with paper millet straws etc in the basket is no more it’s in pieces haha

I think she maybe hormonal just not sure how to deal with it my lip so sore and hand is Red in places after these past two days not sure why they are called lovebirds haha (joke I researched and know they arenot always cute fluff balls
)

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I just got a female lovebird, she will be 1 on Oct 1st. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that. Do you know how long the hormones last? Just curious

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I just got a female lovebird, she will be 1 on Oct 1st. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that. Do you know how long the hormones last? Just curious
I havent a clue pico definitely a boy had a budgie boy before and cockatiel so new to this too female lovebird behaviour I am not hundred 100% she’s female just guessing want to get her dna tested